Don't MoveTo Florida

MR.CLEAN

Not here
BravoBravo said:
time will tell...Florida is the 3 rd largest state I think. People come from all over the country and world to visit...note the counties with high CV totals are those with high tourist/business  traffic . The counties with "crackers,red necks and good ole boys "...don't seem to be participating ...you should focus your outrage all the way back to the source and how poorly they handled it
I'm not focusing outrage anywhere - I'm merely pointing out that Florida is likely to be the most disease-infested state in the near future in large part because of your stupid fucking elected officials and the stupid fucking children who elected them.  Hopefully you will own Ronny D's stupidity when the consequences of his failures are revealed.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
What do you find funny about Florida's rate of increase and the rate of increase in precisely the cities where those greasy kids brought their Florida beach infestations?  Will you still laugh if you are coughing up blood?

Last edited by a moderator:

hasher

Super Anarchist
Insanity
I'm not focusing outrage anywhere - I'm merely pointing out that Florida is likely to be the most disease-infested state in the near future in large part because of your stupid fucking elected officials and the stupid fucking children who elected them.  Hopefully you will own Ronny D's stupidity when the consequences of his failures are revealed.
Come to Georgia.  The restaurants are open!

We like disease.  Spread it around, it's all good.  (Bring your pistol or pick up another ten).

Jkdubz808

Megatron
Stuart, FL
It’s just getting worse here in FL. Spring breakers, New Yorkers and Jersey people fleeing those infested areas and coming down here, Ronny D won’t man the hell up and order a lockdown. 

Doesn’t really make me feel too dandy to leave my kids, bowgirl wife and her parents behind for 5 weeks to go to work. Yay...

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
 Both Trump and DeSantis have said that NYers should not move to Florida....Trump just recently switched from NYC to Fl.... Will DeSantis quarantine him for14 days before he's let loose on the streets

Fat Point Jack

Super Anarchist
Florida has been notorious for its low pay as long as I can remember - and that is a woefully long time.

A writeup years ago on the Tampa Bay boat builders commented that the climate was regarded as 50% of their compensation.
When I was moving dirt for PiGI in 1973, we made $3.75/ hr.  A Union guy up north was making $6 or so.  I was told that we take the sunshine out of your paycheck.

Fat Point Jack

Super Anarchist
And then there's this -

View attachment 354490

Went out back to shoo a bird off the boat when I saw this coming in on the tides.  Last week was the first time I have ever seen hair algae in the canals but it was all green.  Now it's black. 

I'm no expert on the stuff but I do know from keeping reef tanks for years that hair algae results from high phosphates.  When it turns black, your tank has become toxic and your reef creatures begin to die.

I'm sure Mosaic's phosphate mining just upstream from us has nothing to do with it.  Just ask them, or the politicians they fund.
Other than the destruction of the land, phosphate doesn't leak into the river until there is a spill from the stacks.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/0043135477901531

Most likely from all of the fertilizer dumped on the lawns in your subdivision.  

My lottery project would be to take water samples from various spots around here  and see what we have done.   

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
We're too close to the mouth of the Peace River for that water not to move in and out with the tides.  It's almost brackish.  That's why red tide never hit here.  But you already know that.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Other than the destruction of the land, phosphate doesn't leak into the river until there is a spill from the stacks.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/0043135477901531

My lottery project would be to take water samples from various spots around here  and see what we have done.   
Were you here when one of the ponds blew out into the river? Dennis was. He told me that it killed everything down to about Cape Haze.

Fat Point Jack

Super Anarchist
We're too close to the mouth of the Peace River for that water not to move in and out with the tides.  It's almost brackish.  That's why red tide never hit here.  But you already know that.
I've always thought that  if fountains  like those  in the dead lakes at Marion and Colony Point were put in the canals the water quality would improve.  But maintaining those perfect "northern" lawns is still part of the problem.

When a very large landowner (his brother covers his pick em up truck with Tom's favorite bumper stickers)complained about the county's fertilizer regs being too much gummit, I said that they are preserving your land value.  A bloom or spill will cut property values as bad as an economic crisis.

Last edited by a moderator: