Don't MoveTo Florida

Windward

Super Anarchist
Caught a glimpse of Pirates of the Caribbean while walking through the house. Apparently the Fountain of Youth is located in south Florida.

Who knew!

It was right there on the map. So can't dispute.

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
Yeah - he is a racist asshole just like George Wallace, and many other segregationists from the 50's, 60's, and 70's. But is this true today? Are all southern conservatives racist?
And it is broadly and generally true
@Steam Flyer You are in the Carolinas. Don't you think there has been steady improvement? My impression from 20 years ago in Mississippi was a discomfort with 'black people' existing outside the low skill service industry. However large metro areas like the research triangle or Atlanta, have a large number of international workers / travelers, as well as northerners, forcing the southern boys to accept some degree of enlightenment. Northern small towns encourage mixing, since the kids all hang together, play sports together, date, etc. Cities are more segregated by economic status, perpetuating old racial segregation. Of course there are morans everywhere.
@Ventucky Red All southern conservatives are not racist. Maybe less then half of northern conservatives are racist. The challenge is the American conservative party welcomes, embraces and recruits racists. They own the title "Racist Party" by their action and inaction. Racist democrats have to hide their bigotry.

Last edited:

Steam Flyer

Super Anarchist
Eastern NC
The problem I see with racism and the Republican Party is that they would rather march alongside the Klan than by the side any other race of people. Perhaps only half of them are actually racist, perhaps less, but it doesn't matter as long as they vote for racist policies and support blatantly racist politicians.

@Steam Flyer You are in the Carolinas. Don't you think there has been steady improvement? My impression from 20 years ago in Mississippi was a discomfort with 'black people' existing outside the low skill service industry. However large metro areas like the research triangle or Atlanta, have a large number of international workers / travelers, as well as northerners, forcing the southern boys to accept some degree of enlightenment. Northern small towns encourage mixing, since the kids all hang together, play sports together, date, etc. Cities are more segregated by economic status, perpetuating old racial segregation. Of course there are morans everywhere

Frankly I do not think there has been steady improvement. The segregationists had it almost all their own way; although NC is a bit different from the Deep South with it's large plantations and "sacred" history of white supremacy. From my experiences in this state, most places are far more tolerant, more equality-minded, NC is the place where people threw bricks at Klan marchers from the beginning. There was segregation in NC but the state built schools for black communities. I remember segregated bathrooms and water fountains. It was more common in the bigger towns than in the boonies, where there were few bathrooms or water fountains for anybody.

There certainly are pockets of toxic racism, then and now. But it's in pockets, not almost everybody as it is in (say for example) South Carolina

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
Yeupppp, they are down with the brothers until their daughter brings one home.
I think you’ve been hanging with old people too much, Watch the kids going home from jr high school and tell me what you see. Watch the kids at a college event.

Racism is not dead. I know of a racist black dentist working for a major chain (they have few white dentists) that won’t talk to white assistants, while the Asian kids in ‘dirty Dayton’ (working class suburb’s nickname) hang more with black kids because they are more accepting then white kids. Our society isn‘t perfect, but it’s changing despite political efforts.

Not for nothing

Super Anarchist
jupiter

Algae 'more than 20 times too toxic for human contact' prompts new concerns​

Toxic algae outbreak spotted near Canal Point, U.S. Rep. Brian Mast tweets

And in the ocean

Keep up the good work DeSatan