Don't MoveTo Florida

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
I've always thought that  if fountains  like those  in the dead lakes at Marion and Colony Point were put in the canals the water quality would improve.  But maintaining those perfect "northern" lawns is still part of the problem.

When a very large landowner (his brother covers his pick em up truck with Tom's favorite bumper stickers)complained about the county's fertilizer regs being too much gummit, I said that they are preserving your land value.  A bloom or spill will cut property values as bad as an economic crisis.
We've been here five years and have yet to use any fertilizer on the lawn.  I'm one of those low maintenance people - if it isn't dying, let Mother Nature take care of it.  But we will occasionally sit out front and water the plants and trees, while sipping on a cocktail.  I have yet to do that sober though. :rolleyes:

On another note, the SO told me a co-worker has this whole virus thing figured out.  So anyone who wants to keep the virus at bay, take notice!

"I got this thing figured out," he says.  "Heat kills coronavirus so I am going to take my hair dryer and blow it into my mouth until I can't take it anymore.  Then I'll wait a while and do it again.  I don't care how long it takes but I am going to keep doing that until the virus is gone."

Gotta love the Florida Man.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
It’s just getting worse here in FL. Spring breakers, New Yorkers and Jersey people fleeing those infested areas and coming down here, Ronny D won’t man the hell up and order a lockdown. 

Doesn’t really make me feel too dandy to leave my kids, bowgirl wife and her parents behind for 5 weeks to go to work. Yay...
Are you part of the new lockdown?

Grabbler

Grabbler
It’s just getting worse here in FL. Spring breakers, New Yorkers and Jersey people fleeing those infested areas and coming down here, Ronny D won’t man the hell up and order a lockdown. 

Doesn’t really make me feel too dandy to leave my kids, bowgirl wife and her parents behind for 5 weeks to go to work. Yay...
Didn't realize you could still get out...all of my Patch guys are "if you're out you're staying out...if you're in you're not going out"...

Jkdubz808

Megatron
Stuart, FL
Are you part of the new lockdown?
Not yet, although as of now upon return in beginning of May I’ll have to spend 14 days of my 28 off quarantined away from the family or else face 60 days in jail due to Louisiana being a ‘hotspot’ according to Ronny D.

Didn't realize you could still get out...all of my Patch guys are "if you're out you're staying out...if you're in you're not going out"...
Yeah, company is renting me a car to drive to Louisiana to catch the chopper.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Not yet, although as of now upon return in beginning of May I’ll have to spend 14 days of my 28 off quarantined away from the family or else face 60 days in jail due to Louisiana being a ‘hotspot’ according to Ronny D.

Yeah, company is renting me a car to drive to Louisiana to catch the chopper.
Yet the boat ramps stay open up here.  Just got the county update.  Parks closed, ramps open. Sandbar party both days last weekend, and the one before that. Who am I to question the chasing of drunk redneck poon? I'm just rather stunned that Darwin came up with something to keep me from joining in. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Yet the boat ramps stay open up here.  Just got the county update.  Parks closed, ramps open. Sandbar party both days last weekend, and the one before that. Who am I to question the chasing of drunk redneck poon? I'm just rather stunned that Darwin came up with something to keep me from joining in. 
Down here it seems to be mostly drunk redneck teen poon and I've been too old for a pretty long time now.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Down here it seems to be mostly drunk redneck teen poon and I've been too old for a pretty long time now.
Me too. I live close enough to a highway to hear traffic, with a light about 1/4 mile up the road. On any given Friday or Saturday night, there is a seemingly endless train of less-than-muffled trucks going wide open from that light to a similar distance from me in the other direction. It lasts from late afternoon to about midnight. I call it the teenage redneck mating call. A petroleum based “come out, come out, wherever you are.”

If that is any measure, there are some parents who are taking it seriously. There were still a few, but it was far from nonstop. 

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
My little hacienda is on the way from a po section to town proper. There are at least two, maybe three, teenagers that go by with the big loud BOOM BOOM BOOMING from their speakers. 

And peacocks spread their tailfeathers.