Don't MoveTo Florida

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Florida women stepping up their game.

Check out the video the Sheriff does about this POS. (give it a minute the video will pop up on the side)

When I was a kid I had an "honorary" uncle who was too cheap to have his female cat spayed. Any time they couldn't give away all of a batch of her kittens he would put the rest in a sack and toss them in the lake.

Sickening but It was not uncommon BITD.

veni vidi vici

Super Anarchist
….

1C25E32C-5CA5-4F7E-B758-6161EBCA2974.jpeg

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
Our next Generation of students will learn about the effects of global warming under the guidance of DeSatan, to resolve these problems
Oh, wait it will be too late, and he doesn't believe in that either, it might hurt some white rich waterfront homeowners feelings
Can't help but wonder when those living close to the coast will start to get what global warming is really about. I have a feeling the water will have to be lapping at their feet while sitting at the dinner table.

"Honey, could you pull your wet vac out again?"

veni vidi vici

Super Anarchist
Can't help but wonder when those living close to the coast will start to get what global warming is really about. I have a feeling the water will have to be lapping at their feet while sitting at the dinner table.

Lol….

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
Are you implying that Billy B. is on the Canadian government payroll, and is pushing emigration to Canada?

Is Billy actually a Canadian spy and he's been undercover all these years feeding our hopes, dreams and darkest secrets to the government of Canada for nefarious purposes??

I'm feeling a little nervous about this startling turn of events. I'm gonna start wiping hard drives and flushing documents down the toilet, just in case.

We won't be moving to Canada, as much as it might be a safer, saner place in the near future. If we move anywhere, it will likely be south where the kids are, but no time soon. We like it right where we are, in the woods on a dead end street, and 240 feet above the CT River at sea level, so no worries about global warming seas rising, unlike any Oceanside beach properties...

Not for nothing

Super Anarchist
jupiter
We won't be moving to Canada, as much as it might be a safer, saner place in the near future. If we move anywhere, it will likely be south where the kids are, but no time soon. We like it right where we are, in the woods on a dead end street, and 240 feet above the CT River at sea level, so no worries about global warming seas rising, unlike any Oceanside beach properties...
so I guess you live at Gillette Castle?

dyslexic dog

Super Anarchist
Michigan
Knock on wood but I'm in the similar position here in Michigan. Lots of water. Winter is becoming more mild and I need to go farther north for snow. It allows canoeing year around and a longer sailing season. Wind on the other hand is becoming more intense more often.

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
so I guess you live at Gillette Castle?

Nope, the other side of the river and a few miles south. Top left just below the word "Neck", across the river from Selden Neck, and marker 34. That topo is so old it doesn't include our roads, that were here in the 60's or earlier. If I was more computer savvy, I would put and "X" marks the spot! :giggle: For 30 years we lived on South Cove in Essex, just off the bottom of the screen shot. It's weird because facing the water there was almost due East, and now it's due North instead...

1660581225654.png

Last edited:

I‘m interested in why the Obamas bought to oceanfront estates as of late. Are they exempt from the rising ocean?

Not for nothing

Super Anarchist
jupiter
Nope, the other side of the river and a few miles south. Top left just below the word "Neck", across the river from Selden Neck, and marker 34. That topo is so old it doesn't include our roads, that were here in the 60's or earlier. If I was more computer savvy, I would put and "X" marks the spot! :giggle: For 30 years we lived on South Cove in Essex, just off the bottom of the screen shot. It's weird because facing the water there was almost due East, and now it's due North instead...

View attachment 534578
I bet we were probably at the Gris drinking together!
My J-37 came from Essex Island YC, think the name was "morning star"
always fun getting into Hanburg cove, with a 7 ft keel but never ran aground, most people don't see the last Bouy with the little zig.
Had a lot of good times up there, thanks