Don't MoveTo Florida

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
Not to worry. Everything will be just fine once the Love Bugs show up.

Fucking palmetto bugs. I remember coming home with a pizza one evening in Miami and a fucking palmetto bug attacked me in the kitchen and tried to steal it. 
Oh yeah, I forgot.  No-seeums.  They are about the size of a pepper grain and they are all teeth.

And here, in our neighborhood, we have hundreds of rabbits, on pretty much every block.  Plant something you really like and the next day they have buzzed it down to nothing.  All the healthy plants are hidden behind rabbit fencing. 

And then there's Burmese pythons, wild pigs, iguanas that like living in attics, if the rats will let them. 

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
“Stay Off the Roads while old snowbirds drive north” season.
An article in the paper today criticized road crews working during snowbird season.  Like we have to make sure everything is peachy keen while they are here and the rest of us can swelter in the summer heat, engine overheating, while waiting for road crews to flag us through.

Laurent

Super Anarchist
Houston
Fucking palmetto bugs. I remember coming home with a pizza one evening in Miami and a fucking palmetto bug attacked me in the kitchen and tried to steal it. 
I had to google that one. OK, I know now: Palmetto bugs = cockroaches

That reminds me of what a Texan colleagues told me the first time I moved to Houston.

"the size of the cockroaches in Texas is impressive, but grossly exaggerated. Personally, I have never seen a cockroach more than 6 inches long.... inside a house..."

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
Friends keep asking my why am not planning to retire to Charleston, SC, where both or our daughters live.  Other than January through February, I love living where we do in SE CT.  Racing one design and PHRF from March to December, there are not a lot of other areas that offer that, and have such a beautiful place to do it. OTOH, when we eventually start having Grandchildren, Miss BB may have other thoughts....  Florida??  Never, except for short visits in the coldest of New England months.  So far, this winter has been very mild....

Grabbler

Grabbler
How's y'alls grilling weather right now up Nawth?...

20200208_185459.jpg

Dorado

Super Anarchist

That reminds me of what a Texan colleagues told me the first time I moved to Houston.

"the size of the cockroaches in Texas is impressive, but grossly exaggerated. Personally, I have never seen a cockroach more than 6 inches long.... inside a house..."
There's cockroaches, and then there's palmetto bugs.

There's lizards, and then there's Godzilla 

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
WOW I agree with BB, go fiqure, Actually it won't be too long before the Altantic reclaims it, From miami king tides are a regular thing, and their building a 3' walls to keep the water out . The problem is Florida is mostly sand/lime stone so the water comes up from below . Then you have all the run off from GOLF courses( pestides, fertizer, human waste , )polluting the water ways , with Trump defunding the EPA.? Lake O with blue aglae killing fish, red tides on the gulf and ocean killing fish/dolphins ..... oceans beaches flying yellow flag for high bacteria levels, developers keep building huge condo's roads can't handle the traffic , ( it is funny watching a boomer driving a big SUV and texting , not knowing where he's going)Then 100 of millions of $$$$$ for beach replacement on to get wash a way, The most Invasive species "Jerseyites" with there little rat dogs, shiting and pissing every where
also read where the Horizon oil spill in the gulf was a LOT larger than originally believed  and that a lot of oil remnants are making it's way down the west coast  around the keys and back up the east coast...

Not My Real Name

Not Actually Me
you missed this little gem

Fort Lauderdale officials say 211.6m gallons of sewage has spilled into Fort Lauderdale waterways in the past few months.

The Sun-Sentinel reports that’s enough to fill 320 Olympic-sized pools.

The city’s aging sewer pipes broke six times in December and spewed 126.9m gallons of sewage – ranking as one of South Florida’s biggest spills ever. The spills fouled the Tarpon River, the Himmarshee Canal and streets in three neighborhoods.

According to what officials told the state Department of Environmental Protection, 79.3m gallons spilled into George English Lake over a 10-day period that began 30 January and ended 8 February. Then an additional 5.4m gallons flooded streets near park right across from a popular mall.

In recent weeks, crews also have rushed to fix another string of water main breaks, forcing the city to warn residents to boil their tap water before drinking, brushing their teeth or washing dishes.
Thank goodness they're moving all those non-compliant liveaboards out though. They're the real problem...

Not My Real Name

Not Actually Me
Not to worry. Everything will be just fine once the Love Bugs show up.

It was Miami...consider yourself lucky the little fucker wasn't packing.

Not My Real Name

Not Actually Me

No.

Palmetto bugs = Giant flying cockroaches

Not for nothing

Super Anarchist
jupiter
also read where the Horizon oil spill in the gulf was a LOT larger than originally believed  and that a lot of oil remnants are making it's way down the west coast  around the keys and back up the east coast...
I had a friend ( she an stewardess) that just flew from Dallas to Wet palm beach and she was saying that oil is turning the western shore/gulf black

And The retard wants more drilling , you would THINK now that he's a florida he would think about that, 

Oh I forgot the thinking part 

Last edited by a moderator: