Don't MoveTo Florida

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
well fuck, that explains a lot...:ROFLMAO:

1669844829640.png

bridhb

Super Anarchist
Jax, FL
Tonight we went out to the boat cuz... I don't know. Magnetism.

So we're in the cabin imagining what it must have been like during Ian. 150 MPH winds in the front and more in the back. Holy fuck! That must have been horrific!

Then it hits us. Our boat went through that and with barely a scratch. Okay, more than a scratch. But the furler survived intact. The sail pak I made did great. And, most surprising, the cover for the helm is unaffected.

It all makes you think.

We're in the cabin, looking around, and I'm feeling impressed with this old gal. Siren songs begin to sing.

I know I want to get the hell out of hades. But where do we go? I have always loved cruising, and that's why we bought this boat we never use, cuz we can't go cruising.

I just need more rum. And not in a plastic bottle.
There is some very nice cruising grounds just south of you that are accessible for just a couple of days but I am sure you know that. And I transfer rum from glass to plastic...I am not coordinated enough to have glass bottles on the boat!

bridhb

Super Anarchist
Jax, FL
Glass bottles on a sailboat? That has been Verboten since I was a wee bairn!!
There was a mention of rum in plastic as being unacceptable. Of all the people I know that sail, I am the only one that has a (not strictly enforced) rule about no glass on board. I am the idiot that goes barefoot all the time.

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
There was a mention of rum in plastic as being unacceptable. Of all the people I know that sail, I am the only one that has a (not strictly enforced) rule about no glass on board. I am the idiot that goes barefoot all the time.

Anyone who thinks it's gauche to have their rum in a plastic bottle or glass should have their man/woman/sailors card revoked!! :eek:

Latest posts