Don't MoveTo Florida

Windward

Super Anarchist
He was social distancing.  Now if he did that tomorrow, when the state largely reopens, then it's trespassing.
If he was camping on an island, how does he get to the pineapple Dole whip and turkey legs?

Seems like a well thought out plan at first, but execution exhibits some flaws.

What an awesome idea if you are so inclined.  Too bad he is now forever banned from Disney properties.   

Such a harsh sentence... he should hire Clean to appeal.

Snaggletooth

Morrelle Compasse
Such a harsh sentence... he should hire Clean to appeal.
Our you tryeng to gette Cleane bande to?  Hese gotte a youngue childe, helle neede accesse foure a fiew morre yeares.............                                  :)

Jkdubz808

Megatron
Stuart, FL
The border checkpoint coming into the state was a joke:

Masked good Samaritan helping FHP by asking the questions to every motorist: Hello, have you been to NY, California, New Jersey, washington or Louisiana in the last two weeks?

Me: Nope

Masked person: Ok thank you, go ahead.

I was in a rental car with Maryland plates.  They didn't even ask to see my license.

Windward

Super Anarchist
oops. 

Dad said I could take the boat out.  I put the engine on the back, right where it is supposed to go.

I'ts not my fault!

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
aMxrEGG_460swp.webp

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Why did I immediately think of this?

"Armed" and "On the run"?

They must have had a lot of fun writing that story.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not for nothing

Super Anarchist
jupiter
least we forget , the biggest parasite in Florida , HOA's 

they tell you the color to paint your condo/house, type and condition of car you can own, who you can married or who your wife is, The size and type of pet you can own, and you don't pay them for the right to live there, they'll take your house/condo.............from you!

Windward

Super Anarchist

they tell you the color to paint your condo/house, type and condition of car you can own, who you can married or who your wife is, The size and type of pet you can own, and you don't pay them for the right to live there, they'll take your house/condo.............from you!
Not limited to FL, but while the concept of a HOA is generally sound, the implementation is for the most part dreadful.   

We as a species can barely coexist with others of our elk.   Fences make better neighbors , fish and house guests, and all that.  No...  we fundamentally don't like each other for longer durations of time.

I hate HOA's.  

YMMV.

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks

You read the agreement going in right? Why bitch now?

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
When we were looking to buy here, anyplace with an HOA was immediately rejected, not only due to the loss of control over the home you own but those places are so BORING! 

We play golf at one course that's in a gated community.  Immediately upon entering you think you've gone color blind.  It's a beige, beige world.  And all the houses look the same.  It's like they have a xenophobia of the residential variety.   

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
When we were looking to buy here, anyplace with an HOA was immediately rejected, not only due to the loss of control over the home you own but those places are so BORING! 

We play golf at one course that's in a gated community.  Immediately upon entering you think you've gone color blind.  It's a beige, beige world.  And all the houses look the same.  It's like they have a xenophobia of the residential variety.   
You moved to PGI to avoid BORING?

Ummm... swing and a miss.

Not for nothing

Super Anarchist
jupiter
how you doing with Arthur?

It was an off the hand bitch, some HOA are ok , some if you park on the white line you get a fine, I've been pretty luck so far , I mostly rent until  this year.

Actually the worst ,seem to be with a lot of snow birds, as they come down and want there paradise totally manicured, and everything perfect, The Jersey types are the worst, talk about Invasive  species, 

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
You moved to PGI to avoid BORING?

Ummm... swing and a miss.
Are you liking Allegiant "distancing" themselves from the Sunseeker build?

https://www.yoursun.com/charlotte/news/allegiant-starts-to-distance-itself-from-sunseeker/article_f331b984-9921-11ea-9c50-336252cd1c76.html

Fat Point Jack

Super Anarchist
I had a snarky letter ready to go to the editor, but I have to wait a month because I sent an even snarkier one to him the other day.  Here's the summary.

Murphy's Law and the cranes over 41.

Neil Young's "Rust Never Sleeps", exposed rebar in brackish environs.

A car was in the fence, who's going to fix the road markings?

With enough sea level rise, it'll be a great artificial reef.

And none of the commissioners got an opponent. 

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks

It was an off the hand bitch, some HOA are ok , some if you park on the white line you get a fine, I've been pretty luck so far , I mostly rent until  this year.

Actually the worst ,seem to be with a lot of snow birds, as they come down and want there paradise totally manicured, and everything perfect, The Jersey types are the worst, talk about Invasive  species, 
Ran into that way back in Coral Gables. 

Arthur was lotta rain, wind to 60 tho I only saw 40. Now that I'm boatless, I find I don't give a whole small rat's ass about tropical storms. Down to my kayak. Maybe that will be enough. I have FWB.

Jerseyites are disliked here in NC as well. Ran into a commercial diver, Catfish Something, traveled with a really heavy duty equipment truck. This guy was the real deal. Business card said: "Anything, Anywhere except New Jersey".

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland

My brother has been living in NJ since the '80s.  He wasn't great to be around as a Pennsylvanian, but he's gotten downright intolerable after more than 30 years in New Jersey. 

Yes, he has owned several BMWs.