Don't MoveTo Florida

Not for nothing

Super Anarchist
jupiter
Ran into that way back in Coral Gables. 

Arthur was lotta rain, wind to 60 tho I only saw 40. Now that I'm boatless, I find I don't give a whole small rat's ass about tropical storms. Down to my kayak. Maybe that will be enough. I have FWB.

Jerseyites are disliked here in NC as well. Ran into a commercial diver, Catfish Something, traveled with a really heavy duty equipment truck. This guy was the real deal. Business card said: "Anything, Anywhere except New Jersey".
got  into kayaking down here, saw a 10' gator and babies at Riverbend while kayaking, rather be with her ( gator) then most jerseyites at least you know where there ( gator) coming from and they most eat little dogs

Fat Point Jack

Super Anarchist
When we were looking to buy here, anyplace with an HOA was immediately rejected, not only due to the loss of control over the home you own but those places are so BORING! 

We play golf at one course that's in a gated community.  Immediately upon entering you think you've gone color blind.  It's a beige, beige world.  And all the houses look the same.  It's like they have a xenophobia of the residential variety.   
My Bro just bought into one of those corporate gated subdivisions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_FB9bwyp6M

Except they are all shit colored brown.

Black Sox

Super Anarchist
Dublin, Ireland
When we were looking to buy here, anyplace with an HOA was immediately rejected, not only due to the loss of control over the home you own but those places are so BORING! 

We play golf at one course that's in a gated community.  Immediately upon entering you think you've gone color blind.  It's a beige, beige world.  And all the houses look the same.  It's like they have a xenophobia of the residential variety.   
You moved to PGI to avoid BORING? And play golf???

Ummm... swing and a miss.

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
I had a snarky letter ready to go to the editor, but I have to wait a month because I sent an even snarkier one to him the other day.  Here's the summary.

Murphy's Law and the cranes over 41.

Neil Young's "Rust Never Sleeps", exposed rebar in brackish environs.

A car was in the fence, who's going to fix the road markings?

With enough sea level rise, it'll be a great artificial reef.

And none of the commissioners got an opponent.
They say they only post one letter per person per month but that's bullshit.

I've had more than one person ask me if those cranes hanging over 41 are dangerous.  In the 35 years working in construction, I never saw one come down.  But if they are swinging the loads out over the road, well, that's another story.

People don't believe in sea level rise in FL.  Look at Miami.  The streets now flood during king tides and they are still selling waterfront real estate.  Water could be lapping up at our seawalls and people would still buy here. 

And almost no one here gets an opponent.   All you have to do is put an (R) after your name and you're in.  But it helps if get your little kid to build a wall out of cardboard blocks for the president.

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
And besides - there's all those teenage boys you can hire to do it.
Teenage boys?  You want something done around here and there's a line of old men out the door waiting to go to work.  This is the place where retirees go to get the best deal on white slave labor.  It's the Republican way.

aR7PWxQ_460swp.webp

Pertinacious Tom

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda FL
You moved to PGI to avoid BORING?

Are you liking Allegiant "distancing" themselves from the Sunseeker build?
No, but not sure what that has to do with my post?

You moved to PGI to avoid BORING?

Actually I got tired of shoveling snow.  It didn't take long before I realized shoveling snow is a small price to pay for living in a land where intelligence and culture are aplenty.
Leaving would probably be more effective than whining at solving this problem. Next time, look before you leap!

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
The real National Capital, Key West is missing.  You have to get the Emperor's birthplace on that map - Pascagoula, MS - and give it some honorary label.  Cabbage Key in Florida needs to be in there.  It's where the Emperor met the perfect cheeseburger, a piano and a cold beer after a day of fishing.

While we're at it, we need to annex the west end of Cuba to make it complete.  Then every year have a bar hopping sailboat race around the loop, where the winner(s) are determined by how many drinks you stopped to have along the way.