Latte land
"pffft" flying cockroaches

pffft
200214_landslide_hero.jpg

Local slugs have been taking lesson from graboids

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
Wonder how far north the pythons have managed to advance looking for food? Outliers are bound to be at the lake by now. That'll take care of the rabbit and iguana issues. Maybe the gators too, pit bulls, and small people.
hqdefault.jpg

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
I had a friend ( she an stewardess) that just flew from Dallas to Wet palm beach and she was saying that oil is turning the western shore/gulf black

And The retard wants more drilling , you would THINK now that he's a florida he would think about that, 

Oh I forgot the thinking part 
He's on the East coast so why should he give a shit?

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
Cockroach-Killers
The extremely pointy shoes worn by puerto ricans and russians that are used to crush cockroaches when then run into a corner; a round toe wont reach far enough into the corners apex to cause a lethal blow to the aforementioned roach.
Oscar had a roach in a mexican standoff in the corner of his room, his air force one was too round to crush him, out of nowhere his cousin JuanJulio, who was dressed up to go to the local cantina came running in with his cockroach-killers and instanly speared the roach in the corner.
#rat stabbers#puerto-rican fence climbers#pointy shoes#pointy kicks#dancing shoes

Max Rockatansky

holy fuckfarts!
Yeah I saw that.  Just add it to all the problems the ICW and waterways have been having in Florida.  At least once or twice a year we get the 'do not go in the water because of this bacteria' alerts, usually around when its good weather for the sandbar.  Lake Okeenasty is the source.  Nasty water mixes with the rivers/ICW and causes the nasty algae blooms that even affect peoples respiratory systems aside from the wildlife it kills.  Really sad.
Lake O only part of the problem. Development the main culprit... all those sewage releases, street drainage... it’s people..,,

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
But there are some good things about living here.  Almost any weekend you can see tribute bands Led Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac, The Beatles, The Bee Gees, and lots of other greats!

Fat Point Jack

Super Anarchist
Lake O only part of the problem. Development the main culprit... all those sewage releases, street drainage... it’s people..,,
I know, take it to PA, but for all the claims that development pays for itself, it doesn't.  You can't fix the old stuff when all you can do is build new stuff.   When you sell yourself as a low tax state and then create a tax code that barely covers current expenses, let alone save for a rainy day, then this is what we get.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
But there are some good things about living here.  Almost any weekend you can see tribute bands Led Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac, The Beatles, The Bee Gees, and lots of other greats!
You do realize that they are just the latest iteration of Guy Lombardo, Mantovani etc.? :D

jerseyguy

Super Anarchist
I had to google that one. OK, I know now: Palmetto bugs = cockroaches

That reminds me of what a Texan colleagues told me the first time I moved to Houston.

"the size of the cockroaches in Texas is impressive, but grossly exaggerated. Personally, I have never seen a cockroach more than 6 inches long.... inside a house..."
My first wife was a native of Virginia.  Her take was that in the North roaches were a sign of poor housekeeping.  In the South they were a way of life.