Don't MoveTo Florida

Not for nothing

Super Anarchist
jupiter
I was born in Chicago and lived there for the next 64 years.  I grew up believing nobody upstages Chicago when it comes to political corruption. 

I arrived in Florida five years ago and am firmly convinced Chicago can't hold a candle to Florida when it comes to political corruption.  These guys have the electorate so duped it's astounding.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/08/coronavirus-illinois-gov-pritzker-says-states-were-forced-compete-in-sick-hunger-games-competition-for-ppe.html

untitled.jpg

Fat Point Jack

Super Anarchist
I was born in Chicago and lived there for the next 64 years.  I grew up believing nobody upstages Chicago when it comes to political corruption. 

I arrived in Florida five years ago and am firmly convinced Chicago can't hold a candle to Florida when it comes to political corruption.  These guys have the electorate so duped it's astounding.
Didn't you get your garbage can from the precinct committee person?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
Didn't you get your garbage can from the precinct committee person?
Are you kidding?  When I lived there, you supplied your own garbage cans. 

When I was still living with my parents, those garbage cans were 55 gallon steel drums.  The garbage men would walk up your driveway, pick up the now full drums, roll them to their back (where there was a leather pad) and with one hand on top, the other on bottom, carry the drum to the street and dump the garbage into the truck.  Then they would carry them back to the rear of the house and set them down neatly.  Then do the same for the next two.

Fat Point Jack

Super Anarchist
Are you kidding?  When I lived there, you supplied your own garbage cans. 

When I was still living with my parents, those garbage cans were 55 gallon steel drums.  The garbage men would walk up your driveway, pick up the now full drums, roll them to their back (where there was a leather pad) and with one hand on top, the other on bottom, carry the drum to the street and dump the garbage into the truck.  Then they would carry them back to the rear of the house and set them down neatly.  Then do the same for the next two.
Another urban legend shot down.

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
Florida contractors...  Don't they have eyes? 

This is the roof work they did yesterday.  They pulled up tiles about 3' on either side of the valley, laid down new underlayment and tarred or foamed up some areas, then laid the tiles back down.  I think after that they got their kids to come in and do the finish work.

MK_roofwork_001.jpg

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Florida contractors...  Don't they have eyes? 

This is the roof work they did yesterday.  They pulled up tiles about 3' on either side of the valley, laid down new underlayment and tarred or foamed up some areas, then laid the tiles back down.  I think after that they got their kids to come in and do the finish work.

View attachment 375408
They call that billable work?

I'd call it low grade handyman.

Pertinacious Tom

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda FL
I'd call it drunk homeowner. That's just not right.
That was my first guess until I read Jules' post that it was an actual professional. Or claimed to be.

There are skilled workers here but we do have more than our share of ones... like that.

I don't mind the heat but almost melted today while sailing a Sunfish. Being on a roof on a day like today would be absolute misery. And it's not even August yet.