Dow 9,000 - or less?

pfoley

Super Anarchist
11,000 is sooo April.

And now 10,000 has been breached.

Anyone want to predict the 9,000 threshold? ( Bull Gator is excused from this assignment, he's still tipping his hat to The Obama rally).

Last edited by a moderator:

Gouvernail

Lottsa people don’t know I’m famous
Austin Texas
I still remember when the Dow passed 1000 on the way up.

I remember people saying 1000 was not sustainable

I remember the same things at 2000

ADJUSTING FOR INFLATION...

It seems to me anything more than about 4000 is pretty damned high

How much is BP stock worth these days??

O

One of Five

if Iran and Israel get into a tussle 4000 is generous.

whitehall

Anarchist
11,000 is sooo April.

And now 10,000 has been breached.

Anyone want to predict the 9,000 threshold? ( Bull Gator is excused from this assignment, he's still tipping his hat to The Obama rally).
If one believes in regression to the long term mean, carving off Washington's and Greenspan's pump & dump fiscal policy, we should ALMOST be reaching DOW 9000 any day now...DOW 10,000 in a year or two. (Draw a line through this graph, dating back to 1955 or so).

If ignoring portions of the curve relating to GuvMint printing of money we never had (and resulting artificially low interest & borrowing rates, etc)...well, that's why we are crashing down from above rather than climbing up to 9000. Contributions of Obama's "rally" have largely been more of the same GuvMint printing press crap we've seen for decades, packed into a single year, nothing more.

If only looking at near term history and future, Jo-Mama appears to have answered that correctly via a link he posted on another thread. Shit hits the fan approaching or immediately following the next wave of tax increases...January 2011. If not for reactions to tax changes, there would be little or no reason for "up" days in the market lately.

O

One of Five

I have an idea, why don't we ask Gay-tor? Obama's cheerleader/lover

It's been how long since the stimulus? where the hell are the jobs? (not the non-producing type like census workers)
He's been hiding from his own words.

O

One of Five

It's been how long since the stimulus? where the hell are the jobs? (not the non-producing type like census workers)
Gaston's still hoping to be an Obama girl.

pfoley

Super Anarchist

pfoley

Super Anarchist

Shit, you mean that the Census workers don't contribute to the economy?

Damn.

I read somewhere that every government job creates exponential economic growth. Must be true if I read it here on PA.

How are we going to survive as a nation if we can't rely on government taxes, currency printing presses, and spending?

barleymalt

Super Anarchist
Michigan

http://www.businessi...stration-2010-2
So the number of people losing there jobs is slowing down yet the number of people being employed or re-employed are what?
Clearly that number is what Obama wisely thinks it should be, and a tip of the hat is well deserved.

O

One of Five

http://www.businessi...stration-2010-2
So the number of people losing there jobs is slowing down yet the number of people being employed or re-employed are what?
Clearly that number is what Obama wisely thinks it should be, and a tip of the hat is well deserved.
Indeed it is to our wise and noble President.

jimbot

Super Anarchist

http://www.businessinsider.com/chart-of-the-day-jobs-lost-in-the-bush-and-obama-administration-2010-2
Unknown

Last edited by a moderator:

krispy kreme

Super Anarchist
Employment will be stagnant for some time to come with occasional inflections of notable employment drop offs during rounds of state, local and fed worker layoffs as municipalities and whole states go broke. It will be very difficult to grow our way out of this. We simply don't have the export horsepower per capita that we once did, and the American consumer cannot make up the difference.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/209248-bernanke-testimony-indicates-fed-still-in-denial?source=hp

Double dip a comin'

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Employment will be stagnant for some time to come with occasional inflections of notable employment drop offs during rounds of state, local and fed worker layoffs as municipalities and whole states go broke. It will be very difficult to grow our way out of this. We simply don't have the export horsepower per capita that we once did, and the American consumer cannot make up the difference.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/209248-bernanke-testimony-indicates-fed-still-in-denial?source=hp

Double dip a comin'
Keep wringing the middle class like a towel and eventually the drops stop flowing. It's been happening for a long time. Borrowed time, borrowed money.

I hope you are wrong, but I suspect that you're not.