Down To The Wire

MR.CLEAN

Not here
I'm privileged to be on this boat with Fred Eaton, Little America's Cup champion, as well as John Barbour from BYC, Canada's Cup committee chairman Dave Matheson, and other distinguished guests. They told me that the real reason they invited me to do the SA report from the Tiara was that they were going to throw me overboard for all the crap I've given to RCYC over the past 6 months. Good sports.

Welcome race fans. There IS breeze. Not much, but it looks like 6 or 7 where I'm standing on the bridge of Fred Sherragg's gorgeous Tiara Express 40. I love to be a pimp.
Both competitors are sailing along, and we're optimistic that we'll have a start.
Err...That would be Fred SherraTT Mr. Clean. BTW, It is easy to turn a T to a G whilst typing on a QWERTY board. Just seggint the record straithg

Last edited by a moderator:

Slyguy

Anarchist
I'm privileged to be on this boat with Fred Eaton, Little America's Cup champion, as well as John Barbour from BYC, Canada's Cup committee chairman Dave Matheson, and other distinguished guests. They told me that the real reason they invited me to do the SA report from the Tiara was that they were going to throw me overboard for all the crap I've given to RCYC over the past 6 months. Good sports.
Anyone from MBYC on the Tiara?

MR.CLEAN

Not here
That was a hell of a start by Honour! They are controlling right now. Start video is uploading.

Heartbreaker had the advantaged side on the pre-start, but got caught too far too windward and could not get down to Honour before H broke through to the right. Honour was windward and ahead at the start. Boat are split now. More in a sec.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Honour is looking awfully good here. They just tacked back from the left and are headed for a cross. Wind is lightening!

LateNite

Super Anarchist
Windy City
IonEarth is a little frustrating. It would appear they are truncating speeds rather than rounding. Therefore I see speeds jump from 5 to 6 or I will see HB at 5 and Honour at 6. My guess is really is HB at 5.9 and Honour at 6.1.

In these low wind speeds, that missing information means a lot.

I see the DD still is splitting tacks.

Last edited by a moderator:

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Heartbreaker crossed ahead! it is so shifty and light out here - this is where the better sailors will shine. HB crossed, then tacked on H, H tacked back, to split again.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Heartbreaker crossed ahead! it is so shifty and light out here - this is where the better sailors will shine. HB crossed, then tacked on H, H tacked back, to split again.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
HB is controlling the right. Honour is sailing fatter and faster. Tacks are slow, deliberate - this is as close as it gets. HB just tacked back toward the middle. Another cross ahed. CLOSER.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Here they go again! Honour with a VERY slow tack...it looked like they had gained quite a bit, but the tack hurt them. Heartbreaker lets Honour go to the right!

MR.CLEAN

Not here
HB with a gorgeous leebow on H. H back to the right now. HB back with a lose cover. Another cross ahead!

Is it my computer, or do the "tracks" on the ionearth tracker shift around a bunch?-M
Yes, they do. They go in cycles based on each 20 second update. The issue has been already been identified. The fix might be a bit complicated to resolve in just 16 hours, most of those being when even programmers are supposed to be asleep.

Sparx