Down To The Wire

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Heartbreaker is sitting on top of Honour to the mark - this is some masterful control. HB is consistently higher, just as we've seen all weekend. Rounding ahead!

L Z

Reporters
IonEarth is a little frustrating. It would appear they are truncating speeds rather than rounding. Therefore I see speeds jump from 5 to 6 or I will see HB at 5 and Honour at 6. My guess is really is HB at 5.9 and Honour at 6.1.
You are probably right. As mentioned yesterday, the system isn't showing the decimals on the speed. Some bug probably in the code that they didn't have time to get it fixed yet.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
18 second delta to Heartbreaker at the mark. Both boats with a conventional set, headed to the right (looking upwind).

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Start video is posted. Might have to wait five minutes for youtube processing.

Heartbreaker has extended slightly, both boats on port tack still.

newbury

Must be something weird with the display, as my system has consistently shown Honour ahead of HB! ??? After the rounding it showed the Blue triangle to the east of the Red triangle. Very confusing watching that and reading the description! But still cliff-hanger!

MR.CLEAN

Not here
You are probably right. As mentioned yesterday, the system isn't showing the decimals on the speed. Some bug probably in the code that they didn't have time to get it fixed yet.
The problem isn't a bug - it's the firmware in the SRT units. Jerry came straight here from the west coast and then alaska with the Baja units, calibrated for 0 to 200 mph. Firmware fix is already done, to be used at the next sailing event. Tenths of a knot, just like the units used for the level 35's in TC.

Course change - 295. Leeward mark has been moved.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Must be something weird with the display, as my system has consistently shown Honour ahead of HB! ??? After the rounding it showed the Blue triangle to the east of the Red triangle. Very confusing watching that and reading the description! But still cliff-hanger!
Weird indeed. My tracker is showing pretty much exactly what we're seeing on the course, even down to the difference in headings between the two boats.

HB firmly in control as the boats gybe - not far from the mark.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Delta is 55 seconds. HB looks damned good. They came to do bid'ness today.

Then again, 55 is nothing.

Honour tacked away, and..wonder of wonders...HB is covering!

newbury

My bad....Blue hulled boat == blue triangle NOT!.....Just being confused trying to do six things at once....Damn telephone. Clients who want to *know* stuff... Stuff 'em for now!

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Heartbreaker is getting a bit loose with the cover now - they are on the right, separated by 400 yards...and now they're back. Honour just slowed down quite a bit.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Mer is getting me photos right now, will be loaded in a few minutes. To all the unregistered users, if you want to see the thumbnails rather than just file names, you have to register and login. It takes a few minutes, so do it now.

Thanks.

Breeze building a touch, it loos like. HB has Honour by the sack. HB just crossed well ahead, and is covering nicely.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
The guy shooting pics for Honour is an amazing dude - he was the AP's white house correspondant back in the day, and is famous for getting the "shot seen round the world" when Gerald Ford fell down the stairs of Air Force 1. He also lived in Iran on a Canadian passport (but he's a yank) for the entire hostage crisis. He's been teaching my gorgeous photog a thing or two.

I've been trying to convince everyone on board that M-30s are the right boat for the CC, sailed as close to popular waterfronts as possible. I'm starting to annoy them.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
The wind is light enough that the tacking isn't terrible. RC is moving the windward mark to 305, as they're approaching - legs are now 1.2 miles. three and a little legs to do.

As you may have heard me say in the start video (with no voice left), if HB wind this one, and the wind craps out, HB is the new champion. Tiebreaks are decided by the last race won.

That being said, the wind seems fine right now. Not a lot, but still 6 knots or so of breeze.