Down To The Wire

newbury

Before we get to the mark rounding, just a suggestion/something to look at.

My desktop normally runs its system time on UTC, with a TZ update to show local EDT on screen. If I try ionearth with that setup, it says, local time is noon and race time is 8:00 am. No marks, etc. NADA.

I have to push the system clock to noon to see the match display...so my little clock thingy shows that it is now 16:04. This is a linux box BTW. but that needs to be looked at...discrepancy between the clock that the ionearth system sees, and the local system clock. Looks like the TZ correction is backwards.

Go HONOUR

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Dave just said that the current here is up to 2 knots at times, flowing directily from Niagara falls to here. Honour just rounded a minute behind HB, and nearly had to double-tack the mark again. Remember that Honour chose to sail with no wind instruments at all - no expedition, none of the bells and whistles. A brave call from Gavin Brady, but with three or four badly called laylines, maybe something to consider.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Some Race 8 Piccies from my Mer.

CC_DAY_FOUR_RACE_EIGHT_1___34.jpg

CC_DAY_FOUR_RACE_EIGHT_1___33.jpg

CC_DAY_FOUR_RACE_EIGHT_1___32.jpg

CC_DAY_FOUR_RACE_EIGHT_1___04.jpg

CC_DAY_FOUR_RACE_EIGHT_1___30.jpg

CC_DAY_FOUR_RACE_EIGHT_1___29.jpg

CC_DAY_FOUR_RACE_EIGHT_1___28.jpg

CC_DAY_FOUR_RACE_EIGHT_1___27.jpg

Attachments

• CC_DAY_FOUR_RACE_EIGHT_1___31.jpg
    CC_DAY_FOUR_RACE_EIGHT_1___31.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 4

newbury

What is the wind doing? It looks like it has backed to slightly south of where it was originally? And what is the strength?

Very quiet downwind leg. I expected more gybing from Honour..

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Heartbreaker is about to round the new leeward mark - two more legs to go and we're on the the winner-take-all race.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
For the first time all weekend, Honour is pointing higher than HB. This could be intentional, but it's hard to say. Both crews are hiking again, as Honour tacks over to the middle. Crossing astern by a bunch of boatlengths.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Honour is definitely closing up, and HB is covering much more tightly. Honour back to the left, HB legging out to the right now - looking for a tack from them...wait for it...wait for itt...

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Amazing tacking duel - there have to be at least 25 tacks so far on this leg. Halfway to the top mark now, HB still in the lead, but it's getting chipped away bit by bit.

jetfuel

Anarchist
Toronto
Dave just said that the current here is up to 2 knots at times, flowing directily from Niagara falls to here. Honour just rounded a minute behind HB, and nearly had to double-tack the mark again. Remember that Honour chose to sail with no wind instruments at all - no expedition, none of the bells and whistles. A brave call from Gavin Brady, but with three or four badly called laylines, maybe something to consider.
What happened tho their instruments? tough to call the shifts

jetfuel

Anarchist
Toronto
What happened tho their instruments? tough to call the shifts

MR.CLEAN

Not here
The tacks are amazing - more tacks on this leg than probably the entire other 7 races. These guys are awake now!

Heartbreaker is a minute or so from the mark, leading Honour by 8-10 boatlengths. Last leg ahead!

MR.CLEAN

Not here
27 seconds, HB gybed to cover just as Honour rounded with a gybeset. Once again Honour called a horrible layline, and had to pinch for 5-10 seconds to get around. That hurt them badly. Honour now to windward slightly and well-behind. It'll take a miracle to catch HB here.

Latest posts