Down To The Wire

barleymalt

Super Anarchist
Michigan
***Heartbreaker won the race by 5sec to win Canada's Cup***

from the rcyc site

congrats BH and crew, it doesn't get any closer than that..

rob-john

Super Anarchist
Way to go HB!!!! I got my text from clean too, tried to hit as many sailors as I could that I had #'s for. Hope you got it.

5Degrees

Chicago
Canada's Cup Championship Series

October 12 - October 15, 2007

Heartbreaker has won Canada's Cup with a 5 second lead.

The overall score was Heartbreaker: 5 Honour: 4

Monday, October 15

RACE 9

* Honour is leading at the first windward mark by 15sec (1:52pm)

* Heartbreaker is ahead at the first leeward mark by 39sec (2:09pm)

* Heartbreaker is leading at the second windward mark by 9sec (2:30pm)

* Heartbreaker is ahead at the second leeward mark by 19sec (2:43pm)

* Honour is leading at the final windward mark by 15sec (3:04pm)

***Heartbreaker won the race by 5sec to win Canada's Cup (3:18pm)***

Sandstone

Super Anarchist
West MI
GD!!!!!! What a race!!!! Well done team Honour& supporters. What an event. Congratulations Team Heartbreaker!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

hmsmweasel

Super Anarchist
jeezuz - I've been glued to the commentary all morning and SA crashes with two legs to go!!!! it killed me

finally just got back up!

Way to go HeartBreaker and the boys! i bet the FIO tonight for those boyz

B.C.H.

Detroit, MI
Sounds pretty official now. What great racing! A real nail-biter.

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO TEAM HEARTBREAKER AND BOB HUGHES!!!!!!! Way to bring the cup back to the States!

LateNite

Super Anarchist
Windy City
First off: Congrats to Heartbreaker.

Clean & Mer, all the videos from this series have been great. If you have any Video from the last race I'm sure there are plenty of people who want to see it.

Also, I'm would still love to hear a detailed report on the last race. Just from the deltas at the mark roundings it sounds like it was anybody's race. Would like to know what happened out there. I don't know about everyone else, but SA wasn't available for about an hour (from 2:20 to about 3:15).

Overall, this coverage has been the best so far. The (almost) realtime video, IonEarth Tracking and the on the water coverage and pics. Seeing I can't be there it was almost perfect.

Thanks for the awesome coverage

Last edited by a moderator:

Impact

Canuck
Wow...

This is the kind of series that our sport needs. I am so proud of both teams for delivering the goods. Road trip to MBYC in a few years for this RCYC cheerleader! Match racing in one design boats like this is so much more exciting than a yacht design format. It's about the sailors and the tactics. Love that there were so many lead changes.

Big congratulations to Mike Milner and the race crew. Challenging conditions handled professionally (as always). They must have been *** themselves on the last race when the wind seemed to be dying.

Better result if our hometeam had persevered...? We'll never know. Alek and the Honour team made us very proud. Having to go to the States to bring the little silver knick knack back to its rightful home at the RCYC will be a rallying call for Canadian sailors in the next Cup series. This years drama should ensure lots of interest for Challenger and Defender series next time.

Congrats to Bob Hughes and the prophetically named Heart Breakers!

Editor

Administrator
Staff member
carlsbad
Sorry SA shit the bed right at the climax! We had lots of users and we are likely going to have to take the next step, server and support-wise.