Drip Drip Drip

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Except their guy didn’t report it to his government UNTIL after the story broke.  That blows the claim that the Aussies triggered the FBI investigation.  Doesn’t explain how Papadopoulos aledgedly knew  about the hack.  Of course we do not know if he specifically addressed the hack while sharing drinks.    He just as likely could have said the Russians have dirt on Hillary.   Which was part of his game plan from the beginning.  
this says that Pappy told the Aussie that it was dirt on Hillary in the form of hacked DNC emails, so lets clear up that bit of confusion. 

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/joe-hockey-discussed-downers-russia-revelations-with-fbi-20180101-h0c58c.html

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit
As much as I disagree with you, I have zero doubt that your not a great father.  All I ask is to let them choose their own course.  Was I the luckiest guy to have very Independent parents?

A guy in the Chesapeake

Super Anarchist
Virginia
Whose comments do we trust?  I get not trusting the Russians. But the Aussies?  
Thanks - I understand your point now.  I'd be more inclined to accept an accounting from our Aussie friends - just pointing out that Russian "confirmation" of something isn't likely to be offered unless they perceive a way to advance their access and influence. Given that - I'd think that we oughta look around real carefully to see what advantage is being sought when such cooperation is offered.  

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Whose comments do we trust?  I get not trusting the Russians. But the Aussies?  
Thanks - I understand your point now.  I'd be more inclined to accept an accounting from our Aussie friends - just pointing out that Russian "confirmation" of something isn't likely to be offered unless they perceive a way to advance their access and influence. Given that - I'd think that we oughta look around real carefully to see what advantage is being sought when such cooperation is offered.  
Right. Sometimes it's nothing major...... for example, confirmation that the Rosenbergs and Alger Hiss really truly were Russian spies. Confirmed for nothing more than academic cred; albeit years 'n years later when it almost doesn't matter.

The passing of a year and a half has really not brought any big answers much closer, at least not publicly. What was accomplished by this Russian collusion (other than Flynn and a few others getting a big paycheck)? I'm still thinking, not that much. OTOH the reasons and the occurences which have come to light have confirmed what I also originally said, the fact that it was happening at all shows 1- Trump and his circle are unfit for US office and 2- there are a large number of Republicans whose loyalty is to The Party, not their country. The Russians don't really have to do much to confirm this.

-DSK

TMSAIL

Super Anarchist
this says that Pappy told the Aussie that it was dirt on Hillary in the form of hacked DNC emails, so lets clear up that bit of confusion. 

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/joe-hockey-discussed-downers-russia-revelations-with-fbi-20180101-h0c58c.html
Not sure we KNOW that for a fact,  even the sentence looks like someone was embelishing what he said  Who talks like that?   

Fairfax Media has confirmed independently that the conversation first reported by The New York Times took place. In May 2016, Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos told Mr Downer over drinks at an upscale London wine bar that the Russians had a dirt file on rival candidate Hillary Clinton,in the form of hacked Democratic Party emails.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Not sure we KNOW that for a fact,  even the sentence looks like someone was embelishing what he said  Who talks like that?   

Fairfax Media has confirmed independently that the conversation first reported by The New York Times took place. In May 2016, Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos told Mr Downer over drinks at an upscale London wine bar that the Russians had a dirt file on rival candidate Hillary Clinton,in the form of hacked Democratic Party emails.
You are correct that the FBI has not released the communication they received from Australia about the communication and Australia has not released it publicly, so we do not know for sure that Fairfax Media's independent confirmation is correct, other than the fact that the DNC announced the hack a month later, so there is some corroboration there.  Do we have any independent confirmation that it did NOT happen that way?  In the absence of that, I am not willing to crawl too far out on that particular limb, the way shoes keep dropping off of this particular centipede.  

aA

Super Anarchist
norcal™
Steamers - loyalty to party over country is endemic on both sides.  Why do you and so many others persist in trying to suggest that it's only a Republican Party issue? 
that's a really good question that will never see an answer and a great example of why the two party system is completely buggered. dare i say irreparable?

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
He didn't fucking say that  roughly 80% of the country will always vote for their party.  It's the 20% in the middle that decide elections.
Wrong

If 80% of Democrats in this country had voted for Hillary (just for example) she would have won almost every state. Instead of seeing a majority of states with Republican controlled legislatures and governorships, we would have a majority of Democratic Party ones.

Notice that I am not saying this would be better, just saying that based on every published statistic, your claim is nonsense.

The reason why we have such fucked-up politics is because of the outpouring on unreasoning hatred from a wing of Republicans, and the fact that a sizable percentage of Republican voters flock to the polls to vote based on this spewage.

There is only a very small comparable Democratic Party demographic.

If you disagree, point to a Democrat Rush Limbaugh. Then a Democrat Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter, etc etc. Hate for libby-rulls and gays (and minorities and Non-Christians) is a yu-u-uge media industry here in Amurricuh. Not so much traffic going the other way on this street. Of course, the people who like to swim in the deluge of hate-spew find it inconceivable that all the libby-rull fag Democrats don't hate them right back, so, in their minds, it's all equitable and fair.

-DSK

A guy in the Chesapeake

Super Anarchist
Virginia
Wrong

If 80% of Democrats in this country had voted for Hillary (just for example) she would have won almost every state. Instead of seeing a majority of states with Republican controlled legislatures and governorships, we would have a majority of Democratic Party ones.

Notice that I am not saying this would be better, just saying that based on every published statistic, your claim is nonsense.

The reason why we have such fucked-up politics is because of the outpouring on unreasoning hatred from a wing of Republicans, and the fact that a sizable percentage of Republican voters flock to the polls to vote based on this spewage.

If you disagree, point to a Democrat Rush Limbaugh. Then a Democrat Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter, etc etc. Hate for libby-rulls and gays (and minorities and Non-Christians) is a yu-u-uge media industry here in Amurricuh. Not so much traffic going the other way on this street. Of course, the people who like to swim in the deluge of hate-spew find it inconceivable that all the libby-rull fag Democrats don't hate them right back, so, in their minds, it's all equitable and fair.

-DSK
Who's wearing blinders?   

TMSAIL

Super Anarchist
Wrong

-DSK
Your math and reading skills suck

80% of the country not Democrats and Hillary did get more than 80% of the democrats that voted more like 90%

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
that's a really good question that will never see an answer and a great example of why the two party system is completely buggered. dare i say irreparable?
The two party system is just one of a number of tools to keep the masses divided.  

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Wrong

-DSK
Who's wearing blinders?   
Where am I wrong? Or are you just saying "nyaa nyaa nyaa we won and the country's fucked, so ha ha ha"

We've had this dsicussion before and you walked away mad but unwilling to admit you're wrong.

-DSK

A guy in the Chesapeake

Super Anarchist
Virginia
Where am I wrong? Or are you just saying "nyaa nyaa nyaa we won and the country's fucked, so ha ha ha"

We've had this dsicussion before and you walked away mad but unwilling to admit you're wrong.

-DSK
You're wrong in your assignment of the behaviors you're decrying to people aligned with only one side of the political spectrum.  I'm not wrong - You're allowed, I encourage ya to say whatever you want - however you want to say it.  That doesn't mean that I or any one else is obligated to accept it. 

Not wasting my time on forming responses to you isn't running away mad - any more than is walking down the road before you get the snarling dog at the end of his chain to lick your hand. 

Mark K

Super Anarchist
It's hard to say, the meeting with Paul Ryan may have had news that Nunes is part of the inquiry which will make that move difficult for him. Even Laurence Tribe, the Harvard Law Professor, was quoted as saying that Nunes is headed for jail soon.
Then he's gotta earn his pardon.