Drip Drip Drip

weightless

Super Anarchist
Republicans would endeavor to have Trump resign and have Pence pardon him for the "good of the country,"
I presume Trump would want a deal that covers family and friends and state charges. That would make it a lot harder than the Nixon thing. Also, Trump doesn't seem to care at all about collateral damage. Maybe I'm indulging in nostalgia but I think the Nixon thing was less horrific because at some level Nixon cared about the country.

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
of course I get it.

but I can not recall the fbi letting a traitor walk.  can you?

I can see them letting flynn walk on the lying and fara for his cooperation, but letting a three star walk for treason?  no way
First, it isn't the FBI. They investigate. It's the DOJ and in this case in particular, Mueller and the other Federal prosecutors. An example of plea bargaining away treason, Jonathon Pollard, which allowed that piece of shit to get parole in 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
I presume Trump would want a deal that covers family and friends and state charges. That would make it a lot harder than the Nixon thing. Also, Trump doesn't seem to care at all about collateral damage. Maybe I'm indulging in nostalgia but I think the Nixon thing was less horrific because at some level Nixon cared about the country.
I'll begrudgingly agree that Nixon did not do what he did for personal wealth gain.... Perhaps for personal ego gain, but not wealth.

Trump is all about ego, and profit, personal profit. If he didn't think he could make a big buck on being POTUS he wouldn't have bothered. It was all about him, and his bank account.

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
I'll begrudgingly agree that Nixon did not do what he did for personal wealth gain.... Perhaps for personal ego gain, but not wealth.

Trump is all about ego, and profit, personal profit. If he didn't think he could make a big buck on being POTUS he wouldn't have bothered. It was all about him, and his bank account.
I don't think an enemies list and secret tapes, and lying and being a paranoid asshole shows much regard for the country. Just a lifer pol doing what they do.

weightless

Super Anarchist
I don't think that Shitstain can get any deal that would keep NY from sending Shitstain to Rikers.
Seems like that may just be a cost of doing business in the Trump's social world. 

Eg. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Kushner

Charles Kushner (born May 16, 1954) is an American real estate developer. He founded Kushner Companies in 1985. In 2005, he was convicted of illegal campaign contributions, tax evasion, and witness tampering, and served time in federal prison. After his release, he resumed his career in real estate. His son, Jared Kushner, is the husband of Ivanka Trump and son-in-law and senior advisor to President Donald Trump.

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
Does anyone use that term?  It is quite odd to be referred to as a "Dude".  It reflects upon what follows. I use sir a lot.  I use Mr. if I don't know him well enough to use his first name.  But "dude", that's not in my bailiwick.  I have been in many places in big cities, rich and poor, parts of the world developed and not.  But "dude".  To each his own.  I will address your other craziness momentarily.  Unlike you, I'd like to be accurate.
I do but I use it with dudes I know to be dudes. It's a fine word and recall that we are ostensibly sailors. Dog is just being a ... well, you get the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

hermetic

Super Anarchist
of course I get it.

but I can not recall the fbi letting a traitor walk.  can you?

I can see them letting flynn walk on the lying and fara for his cooperation, but letting a three star walk for treason?  no way
First, it isn't the FBI. They investigate. It's the DOJ and in this case in particular, Mueller and the other Federal prosecutors. An example of plea bargaining away treason, Jonathon Pollard, which allowed that piece of shit to get parole in 2015.
30 years is not the same as letting flynn walk

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
But did he make a personal, financial profit from it?
I know where you're going there and we don't know. He had 15m when he died in 94 per google. He was in the Navy and then all gov all the time plus book sales. My guess is what with all the crap that went on is sure he did. He had two very.nice homes. The estate is worth 35m now. Yes he was a crook.

weightless

Super Anarchist
I don't think an enemies list and secret tapes, and lying and being a paranoid asshole shows much regard for the country. Just a lifer pol doing what they do.
Yeah, I get that. I still think Nixon was more complex than Trump. No doubt he was a crook and a schemer and an egotistical bastard but he had some depth to him. Of course, things tend to look better in retrospect. Listened to this and found it evocative:

http://www.slate.com/articles/podcasts/slow_burn/2018/01/the_final_episode_of_slate_s_watergate_podcast.html

https://megaphone.link/SLT7840590654

Latest posts