Drip Drip Drip

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
30 years is not the same as letting flynn walk
Yes, they are not the same thing. The point is that Pollard walked out of prison and lives today on support from the Israeli government when he should have remained in prison on a treason charge. Pollard successfully plea bargained away the treason charge.

Moreover, Pollard was an apex criminal whereas Flynn even as National Security Advisor was an underling willing to testify against a higher up. Again, those circumstances are not the same.

βhyde

Super Anarchist
Beside Myself
yes, I understand the concept of pleading for a lesser charge.  but not treason.  ain't gonna happen
Then you should understand that if Mueller has Flynn on treason, Flynn would be more than willing to plea to a lesser charge to flip on his boss. It's not that hard to see.

Lifted Tack

Super Anarchist
I presume Trump would want a deal that covers family and friends and state charges. That would make it a lot harder than the Nixon thing. Also, Trump doesn't seem to care at all about collateral damage. Maybe I'm indulging in nostalgia but I think the Nixon thing was less horrific because at some level Nixon cared about the country.
I think you missed the quotes around "the good of the country." Nixon cared much less for that than about protecting what was left of the Republican cause...

...and not subsequently going to jail.

Last edited by a moderator:

hasher

Super Anarchist
Insanity
in this case?  yes, I would put any treasonous act associated with the presidential election as worse than murdering a dipshit, or anyone else
Thank you.  By the way, dipshits don't get murdered, people do.  I was referencing you, but I take it back.  

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
It's the basic nature of how plea bargains work.

If Mueller had Flynn nailed for -only- lying, and Flynn saw no hope of beating the rap, what does he gain by pleading guilty? He saw enough of Mueller's cards to realize that he was going to get nailed for something much worse if he didn't cooperate. Also, he did not have a "no-time charge" as he did not get any sentencing guarantee and that charge can definitely land one in the big house

Add to the above: this is exactly how Mueller has operated in the past on high-value, difficult-to-nail prosecutions.
so in your mind,  mueller has flynn nailed on treason yet tells the judge to let him walk.  you have a vivid imagination
No, I'm applying the basics of how plea bargains work

Why would Flynn plead guilty, if all he gets is a slightly-lighter sentence? Why would he give up all kinds of info on his associates? There must be a threat serious enough to him, to make his pleading guilty and turning states' evidence worth while.

I also suggest that Judge Sullivan knows more about it than you do.

Vivid imagination?

-DSK

Dog

Super Anarchist
It's already been a long strange trip.

The question I have is, what has been pulled in to show specifically what President Trump and his family have communicated, and when....... texts, emails, post-it notes? Without a pretty good amount of pretty hard evidence from several sources, this will blow right over the heads of the Trumpettes and ~70% of Republicans.

They just don't give a shit. Trump's their boy, they knew he was a rotten asshole when they picked him (indeed IMHO that was a big part of his appeal, for many of them). For them to stand and just nod calmly as he goes down, there will need to be serious hard evidence. Even then, expect 20+% to continue to support him.

-DSK
Priceless....You and your elk on the other hand don't need hard evidence to believe so you get duped. Hate makes you stupid.

Page 154 and counting....

hermetic

Super Anarchist
It's the basic nature of how plea bargains work.

If Mueller had Flynn nailed for -only- lying, and Flynn saw no hope of beating the rap, what does he gain by pleading guilty? He saw enough of Mueller's cards to realize that he was going to get nailed for something much worse if he didn't cooperate. Also, he did not have a "no-time charge" as he did not get any sentencing guarantee and that charge can definitely land one in the big house

Add to the above: this is exactly how Mueller has operated in the past on high-value, difficult-to-nail prosecutions.
so in your mind,  mueller has flynn nailed on treason yet tells the judge to let him walk.  you have a vivid imagination
No, I'm applying the basics of how plea bargains work

Why would Flynn plead guilty, if all he gets is a slightly-lighter sentence? Why would he give up all kinds of info on his associates? There must be a threat serious enough to him, to make his pleading guilty and turning states' evidence worth while.

I also suggest that Judge Sullivan knows more about it than you do.

Vivid imagination?
yes.  you are imagining there is more to the plea than is stated in the indictment.  just like you imagined flynn was paid tens of millions of dollars by the russians.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
yes.  you are imagining there is more to the plea than is stated in the indictment.  just like you imagined flynn was paid tens of millions of dollars by the russians.
Again, why would he plead guilty to ONE minor charge, -and- give up his partner and his boss in a big way, if there were not more?

It's true that I have not seen the redacted part of Flynn's rap sheet, but this is how plea bargains work -and- the judge who saw it reacted vigorously. Against that evidnce, you have little more than "it's not proven" and a pile of wishful thinking.

-DSK

Lifted Tack

Super Anarchist
Priceless....You and your elk on the other hand don't need hard evidence to believe so you get duped. Hate makes you stupid.
So does doubling, tripling, even quadrupling down on defending the unconscionable just because of the party a con man belongs to.