Drip Drip Drip

Dog

Super Anarchist
I've been consistent in saying we should wait for Mr. Mueller to release his report before any declarations.

You've jumped the gun and declared it a "fairy tale" and "fiction".
You have consistently chided me for drawing the conclusions I have, those who have drawn the opposite conclusion, not so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

hasher

Super Anarchist
Insanity
"WASHINGTON — After two years and 200 interviews, the Senate Intelligence Committee is approaching the end of its investigationinto the 2016 election, having uncovered no direct evidence of a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia, according to both Democrats and Republicans on the committee".

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/senate-has-uncovered-no-direct-evidence-conspiracy-between-trump-campaign-n970536
I'd recommend Norman Mailer's book called Owald's Tale.  It might help to understand how the Russian government operates.  The Senators are covering the Don's ass.  We already know the closest people to the don have been indicted.  Really.

Dog

Super Anarchist
I'd recommend Norman Mailer's book called Owald's Tale.  It might help to understand how the Russian government operates.  The Senators are covering the Don's ass.  We already know the closest people to the don have been indicted.  Really.
That's two investigations now (House and Senate) that have come up empty.  0 for 2 and counting.

phillysailor

Super Anarchist
Impeachment is a political decision. This was an investigation carried out competently by politicians, for politicians. I think we certainly know how the Senate would vote. 

Now there’s just the fight over the presentation, which may be released just as the Mueller investigation is wrapping up in the summer. 

TV worth watching!

phillysailor

Super Anarchist
That's two investigations now (House and Senate) that have come up empty.  0 for 2 and counting.
The House investigation, I think we can agree, wasn’t adversarial. It served the function of delivering available evidence to the presidents legal team. It may, however, be the source of continuing legal trouble for Trump enablers, if they lied during testimony, since Mueller now has the transcripts.

phillysailor

Super Anarchist
@Dog, Funny how you see the Senate investigation as a “win” for Republicans given that it identified how the Russians were able to manipulate our electoral politics, and got behind one particular nominee who ended up winning with their assistance.

Whether or not there was collusion to achieve this result, there were myriad connections between the Trump campaign & Russia and extensive financial entanglement. You are comfortable with this because you are partisan, but you have to set aside patriotism to actually celebrate “we can’t charge him but it took us two years to be able to say that.”

Dog

Super Anarchist
The House investigation, I think we can agree, wasn’t adversarial. It served the function of delivering available evidence to the presidents legal team. It may, however, be the source of continuing legal trouble for Trump enablers, if they lied during testimony, since Mueller now has the transcripts.
If not being adversarial is a disqualifier then Mueller's investigation must also be disqualified.

Last edited by a moderator:

hasher

Super Anarchist
Insanity
If not being adversarial is a disqualifier then Mueller investigation must also be disqualified.
Investigations are conducted to follow the facts.  The facts point in one direction, unfortunately for our country and perhaps the world.

Dog

Super Anarchist
@Dog, Funny how you see the Senate investigation as a “win” for Republicans given that it identified how the Russians were able to manipulate our electoral politics, and got behind one particular nominee who ended up winning with their assistance.

Whether or not there was collusion to achieve this result, there were myriad connections between the Trump campaign & Russia and extensive financial entanglement. You are comfortable with this because you are partisan, but you have to set aside patriotism to actually celebrate “we can’t charge him but it took us two years to be able to say that.”
I see the Senate investigation as having found no collusion.

Dog

Super Anarchist
Crime.  That is what we are looking for.  The Senators want power.  The don's associates are up to their earlobes in crimes.  
Yep...It's a search for a crime...at least you're willing to admit it.

Bent Sailor

Super Anarchist
Lake Macquarie
You have consistently chided me for drawing the conclusions I have, those who have drawn the opposite conclusion, not so much.
Which doesn't change the fact you drew those conclusions. Nice try, but that red herring is really old and worn out. You'll need to come up with a better deflection. 

hasher

Super Anarchist
Insanity
Yes criminal behavior by those most close to the don.  He talks of collusion to distract.  He has never had the decency to pay his bills and was actively seeking business in Russia while Putin interfered with our election.  

Dog

Super Anarchist
Which doesn't change the fact you drew those conclusions. Nice try, but that red herring is really old and worn out. You'll need to come up with a better deflection. 
Yeah...Lots of people have drawn conclusions. You have a problem with that?

Bent Sailor

Super Anarchist
Lake Macquarie
Yeah...Lots of people have drawn conclusions. You have a problem with that?
For simply drawinv conclusions? No. 

For complaining about others having done so when they do? Yes. 

I've mentioned before that I have no respect for hypocrites. Don't like that? Don't be a fucking hypocrite. Simple.