Dumptruck and Shitbox

JItillIdie

Anarchist
1344H: XS has a new stick and is wondering if we will have a third race. Too bad we only have two. "Not a new stick, just a whole lot of glue."

Lightening Rod is first around windward.

Wairere is around gate and heading home.

some dude

Super Anarchist
With the breeze out of the NE, this Division is the only one that's out of the lee of KW. Little boats get big waves today...20 knots solid, 3-5 foot seas.

Seefest the J-29 should like that 20 knots and 3-5 ft waves is what he kicked my ass in at BBR last year.
Getting beat by an O'Day 40 twice yesterday makes me think they've got other problems.

People so underestimate that O'day 40. Dont knock it until you sailed it. Yes it is a pig but it has a great rating and it has wheels. It likes heavy air flat water or no air at all, in between not so good but can do well. I've been on that boat in Tampa Bay in a no air regatta racing in B class and passed all A class boats boat for boat who started 5 mins in front of us. MO has suprised many people.
"Yes it is a pig but it has a great rating and it has wheels."

Nice- A pig with wheels! I'll take one.

what's it rate?

Flip Rigsby

Super Anarchist
With the breeze out of the NE, this Division is the only one that's out of the lee of KW. Little boats get big waves today...20 knots solid, 3-5 foot seas.

Seefest the J-29 should like that 20 knots and 3-5 ft waves is what he kicked my ass in at BBR last year.
Getting beat by an O'Day 40 twice yesterday makes me think they've got other problems.

People so underestimate that O'day 40. Dont knock it until you sailed it. Yes it is a pig but it has a great rating and it has wheels. It likes heavy air flat water or no air at all, in between not so good but can do well. I've been on that boat in Tampa Bay in a no air regatta racing in B class and passed all A class boats boat for boat who started 5 mins in front of us. MO has suprised many people.
"Yes it is a pig but it has a great rating and it has wheels."

Nice- A pig with wheels! I'll take one.

what's it rate?

ScowVegas

Reporters
Chicago
Pig with Wheels?

pig_on_wheels.jpg

JItillIdie

Anarchist
1352H: (SB) At the gate, Convexity was first, Nanoq was second, Barking Mad was third.

1354H: J 105s to finish Max Power 90, Big Booty 58, Eclipse 50, Another Hazard 40, Tenacious 54, and Savasana 55

1355H: Winds are 14-16, seas are flat, direction is 025. - div 3

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Just got emailed some more drama:

Alan,

As of Tuesday, I have received 5 complaints regarding the actions of your

chartered boat Relentless. While some of the maneuvering appears to breach

common courtesy between photo/video boats and poor seamanship, the most

recent actions on Division 2 could have impacted the racing. This is

unacceptable. Not adhering to race officials instructions and making obscene

gestures cannot be tolerated. It can result in a safety issue and could

impact the racing.

I ask for your assurance that your boat operator will adhere to the

direction of any race committee personnel on the water going forward.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation,

Peter

Peter S. Craig

Premiere Racing. Inc.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
My answer:

Thank you for the courteous note, Peter - it's nice to know that you'll e-mail me when it suits you, though my last four emails to you have gone unanswered. Your complaints are not accurate, and that's now two days where your overzealous volunteers have made asses of themselves

in front of thousands of viewers.

First your driver of Tango decided to become a vigilante, using his maneuverable boat to directly block our photographers for three straight

starts - so intent of screwing with us that he got in front of a Swan 42, causing them to duck him. Then yesterday, your gate boat "Meredith" chose

to yell and scream - INITIATING the swearing - at us despite our perfect placement more than three boatlengths from any racing boat on the course, to

leeward of all of them. Interesting that the screamer said nothing to Sharon Green's boat, which was INSIDE the course and also crossed a Melges

32 with her wake.

If you would like to cite a specific instance where we impacted any racing whatsoever, please do it - you cannot, and I guarantee that I can show you

video that proves it. We are all racers, and we do our damnedest to NOT impact the boats, even if our coverage suffers because of it. If you are

protecting your staff, realize that their actions in both the instances I mentioned were indefensible, and show that they don't know what the hell

they are doing. We will always obey logical instructions, but we will never accept the kind of bullshit treatment that we received at the hands of a

bunch of yahoos, nor will we accept being treated with a different set of rules than anyone else.

Alan

1352H: (SB) At the gate, Convexity was first, Nanoq was second, Barking Mad was third.
1354H: J 105s to finish Max Power 90, Big Booty 58, Eclipse 50, Another Hazard 40, Tenacious 54, and Savasana 55

1355H: Winds are 14-16, seas are flat, direction is 025. - div 3
Max Power with 2 bullets today. Gerritt & Stefan are really making that a battle with Damien(Eclipse) & Brian (Savasna).

j120 bowman

Michigan
My answer:
Thank you for the courteous note, Peter - it's nice to know that you'll e-mail me when it suits you, though my last four emails to you have gone unanswered. Your complaints are not accurate, and that's now two days where your overzealous volunteers have made asses of themselves

in front of thousands of viewers.

First your driver of Tango decided to become a vigilante, using his maneuverable boat to directly block our photographers for three straight

starts - so intent of screwing with us that he got in front of a Swan 42, causing them to duck him. Then yesterday, your gate boat "Meredith" chose

to yell and scream - INITIATING the swearing - at us despite our perfect placement more than three boatlengths from any racing boat on the course, to

leeward of all of them. Interesting that the screamer said nothing to Sharon Green's boat, which was INSIDE the course and also crossed a Melges

32 with her wake.

If you would like to cite a specific instance where we impacted any racing whatsoever, please do it - you cannot, and I guarantee that I can show you

video that proves it. We are all racers, and we do our damnedest to NOT impact the boats, even if our coverage suffers because of it. If you are

protecting your staff, realize that their actions in both the instances I mentioned were indefensible, and show that they don't know what the hell

they are doing. We will always obey logical instructions, but we will never accept the kind of bullshit treatment that we received at the hands of a

bunch of yahoos, nor will we accept being treated with a different set of rules than anyone else.

Alan
Give 'em hell! I love the opening sentence, it sets the tone perfectly!