Dumptruck and Shitbox

ScowVegas

Reporters
Chicago
Morning Clean,How's the Hangover? (compliments of the Melges folks)

Don't forget to check in with Espo on the J/29 on Div 3.... always "entertaining".....

Praying that Doug & Team XS's hard work pays off. Good Luck guys!
Shit Alan's still sleeping.... are you kidding me?

He'll pop in around 10:15 LOL
LOL!!!

unfortunatley, I've got to go to meetings before then. :-(
Call IT and have them deliver a wi-fi connected laptop or a crack-berry

Last edited by a moderator:
The thermometer shows a balmy 41 degrees this morning in Ft Lauderdale. add wind chill and it's fucking cold this am...
Cold?...You have no idea what cold is. :(
I will second that...9 degrees this morning with a wind chill of -5. Last week, I woke up to -10 with a wind chill of -30. That would be fahrenheit for all of the Canadians and Euros.

This is borderline too cold to even hit the slopes.

The conditions should make for some good racing. I recall 2003 having a couple of days that were the same. Everyone was racing in full foulies, and I recall Worst Marine selling out of every jacket and shell they had. This is a pic I purchased from Tim Wilkes.

kw018.jpg

Have fun today Clean. I doubt you'll be providing any gratuitous bikini shots of the OTW crew.

Thanks for excellent work so far Clean. My ride, Convictus Maximus (Farr42), pulled the plug a while back unfortunately - so you're my lifeline to this years events!

I took TC's offer up and grabed a vest from the Point Loma Outfitters site - what a great group. It shipped SAME DAY!

Keep up the good work - stay hydrated.

The wind continues to back off and bend to the right. 20-50m degrees is generally the rule. Air temp has actually dipped over the last hour to 54.1 degrees. Wind speeds are into the mid teens now and may end up in the single digits this afternoon/evening.

Wind chill is currently 44.5 degrees so foulies are likely to be the rule on all but the largest boats.

Last edited by a moderator:

barleymalt

Super Anarchist
Michigan
Vegas

Awesome, thanks.

Couple suggestions..First, maybe put these in a separate thread, so it doesn't bog the OTW live one. Second, is there a color legend for the boats?

ScowVegas

Reporters
Chicago
Vegas
Awesome, thanks.

Couple suggestions..First, maybe put these in a separate thread, so it doesn't bog the OTW live one. Second, is there a color legend for the boats?
I agree, and when I went to pick the race and the set up - I did click on the 'Boat Names' button to have those displayed --- Let me work on that and try again - Is it boggin shit down for others - Please chime in (if you have a pair / real or virtual)

ScowVegas

Reporters
Chicago
I went ahead and pulled the player - It was boggin me down - But as i understand it there are free races to watch out at www.Kattack.com

Use the PC Player -

Update from the RC bloggers:

Division 1 - IRC 1, IRC 2, Farr 40, Swan 42, Farr 30

Reporter: Steve Washburn/Susan Burnside

0936H: (SW) Starting to check boats in as they make their way downwind from KW to the starting area

0930H: The competitors are beginning to arrive. Seas are bouncing around 3-4 ft. We've been seeing wind direction swinging between 035 and 050

0925H: (SB) The Div 1 Signal Boat is on station at 24 29.619 N / 81 51.043 W. Wind is about 19-21 kts. Haven't settled in enough to give direction

0846H: (SB) Good Morning Race Fans - Susan here on the Div 1 Signal Boat heading out to the course area. It's a bit on the cool side today, but the winds are perfect. Most of our crew is bundled up with fleece, foulies and earmuffs, but inside at my computer it's nice and toasty. Looks like we will have an overcast day until this front moves through.

Susan and Steve each have a candid photo journal running. Click on their names to left.

Division 2 - Merges 32, Melges 24, J/105

Reporter: Cindy Saunders

0942H: Signal is anchoring now. The armada is coming out of the harbor to do battle again.

Tramp is first to the Signal

Division 3 - J/80, PHRF 1, PHRF 2, PHRF 3, PHRF 4

Reporter: Joy Dorethy

0941H: Boats are showing up. EmOcean is here.

Race 5 will probably be 4 legs with the PHRF1, 2, and J80s doing the long leg and PHRF3,4 doing the short distance. Looking at 2.0 and 1.7 legs with a bearing in the 03x-ish range maybe.

melges419

Vegas
Awesome, thanks.

I agree, and when I went to pick the race and the set up - I did click on the 'Boat Names' button to have those displayed --- Let me work on that and try again - Is it boggin shit down for others - Please chime in (if you have a pair / real or virtual)
Not boggin mine down. Great stuff. Thanks to Mr. Clean and the rest of you. Have really enjoyed the coverage this week. Work is taking a hit though. Watching the Blog most of the time now.

Ryan

Charleston, SC :lol:

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Motherfucking power went off last night, killing our video uploads and alarm clock. Power came on at 9 AM of course, right when we were leaving. Unbelievable. The Melges party wasn't last night, it's tonight - though we made our own party, and I'm suffering for it.

I have to tell you all - downtown is depressing. I simply cannot believe how dead the town was. YOU who are familiar with KW, note that we checked out Sloppy Joe's, the Parrot, and a half dozen other places - and they were EMPTY. Any other year, all those places were completely packed, spilling over into the streets. Is it the end of an era? No idea - but something has got to change - it is NOT just the economy that has kept the sailors home. I hope that Premiere can pull it together, because this is truly a favorite for so many folks. KW is great because the allure of it is about 50% party and 50% racing. Without 200 boats, it's just an expensive regatta.

coreymon

the CLE
Vegas
Awesome, thanks.

Not boggin mine down. Great stuff. Thanks to Mr. Clean and the rest of you. Have really enjoyed the coverage this week. Work is taking a hit though. Watching the Blog most of the time now.

Ryan

Charleston, SC :lol:
that was fun while it lasted. worked fine for me. bring it to the masses!

Latest posts