Dumptruck and Shitbox

mposter

WLIS
For the record keeping... I saw 216-228 users on line for most of the day today.Still the best coverage that there is.

Thanks to all.
I get a cool list of everyone watching over the day - it is massive! I'd actually love to know more about the way people watch OTWA - obviously there are a bunch of you that just click "refresh" all day, and then we get a few thousand viewers who read the report from cover to cover at night, but what about the rest of you?
I click 'refresh' while sitting at home searching for a job. Following this sure beats the lame job pickings..... Keep up the good work!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job on the day Bitches, congrats! Today was apparently the coldest day since 2006. Fuck me I hate the cold - and it explains my shitty mood all day.

Bob Hilliers on El Ocaso yesterday afternoon.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

a "stanchion" on XS ....really Bob... I hope that you know boat anatomy better.....(nerves of the interview??)

:)

Good Luck in the last 2 days!

Once again, our report is evolving - and once again, I had little to do with it. Vegas, JI (who should be here driving his new M24 right now), and the rest of you who are posting outside info - you are turning this report into not only the best OTW action, but into a repository for all things KW. That's the beauty of this place.

Allowing you to be late and yet more unprofessional....

Dax

CT, USA
Our sponsors have also stepped up – and Point Loma Outfiting, Dax OneTouch winch handles, and Latis Yachting Solutions are offering 20% off of their inventory just for you – just enter 'KW09' in the promotion code part of the checkout process, and get your sweet gear today. When requesting an estimate for moving your race boat with Latis, just mention OTW Anarchy and you'll get 10-20% off the quote.

And thanks for watching our 2009 OTW Anarchy Key West presented by Quantum Sails. You guys have been doing a great job of showing our sponsors that you support them like they do us – so please keep it up. These discounts are only good for the month, so make it happen now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a quick comment - the Dax 20% KW09 discount will be good through end of Feb.

Thanks,

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Once again, our report is evolving - and once again, I had little to do with it. Vegas, JI (who should be here driving his new M24 right now), and the rest of you who are posting outside info - you are turning this report into not only the best OTW action, but into a repository for all things KW. That's the beauty of this place.

Exactly!

madre

Exactly!

Sadly, it turns out that getting quality video out of Key West is even slower than getting to Key West towing your Farr 40 behind a VW Beetle.

You guys are doing something cool though: with the help of people who care about sailing and care about you, you are creating a new way to watch and talk about the sport and it's working. (Jeezus, I teared up a little there.) But seriously, a year from now all this will look different and it will be due in large part to what the SA crowd is doing.

Flip Rigsby

Super Anarchist
Doug Fisher explains his dismasting and repair - not the most talkative guy in the world.

"not the most talkative guy in the world."

You've never sailed with him then...

But that does just about sum up his onshore personality...

Good job with the rig Squeeky!

Vincenzo Onorato loves us. And wants to sail for the Anarchy Challenge. Listen:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

Wow ! Clean, this is one of the best sailing interviews that i've ever related to!!!!!

Pleae get this posted in multiple forums/

I'm now a fan of Vincenzo.

Great reporting!

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Jennifer Langille (sailtrim.org) talks about KW blogging, what Premiere thinks of us, and if I can get an interview with Peter Craig. I think her answer would be different if I asked her now!

RtWL

Anarchist
I'm watching from home while I wait to return to school on Monday and recover from neck surgery and yesterday's rear ending in the truck. I've done three Key Weirds in person and really can't justify the expense these days. The last trip was in PHRF 4 and even though we stunk up the race course ( have you ever been asked to leave the course beause you were so far back? ((multiple times?))) we were treated real well. Ultimately it just wasn't a good value. Nine grand for the week (on a 4 KSB without shipping) in PHRF 4 for a class not much better than home turf. We can spend our money better. I am enjoying the coverage and following friends and enemies. Keep it going. The addition of JI and Vegas's web input is great. Thanks.

coreymon

the CLE
For the record keeping... I saw 216-228 users on line for most of the day today.Still the best coverage that there is.

Thanks to all.
I get a cool list of everyone watching over the day - it is massive! I'd actually love to know more about the way people watch OTWA - obviously there are a bunch of you that just click "refresh" all day, and then we get a few thousand viewers who read the report from cover to cover at night, but what about the rest of you?
paying close attention while at work and then watching the vids when at home

Flip Rigsby

Super Anarchist
Doug Fisher explains his dismasting and repair - not the most talkative guy in the world.

+1

Been there, done that on the old Morning Glory.
Worst time I've ever had, winning a regatta hands down was with Squeeky...

He does have a way with rigs though. He broke Morning Glorys rig (the stainless steel radio tower) in Key West one year and had their old one delivered from Sarasota that night and was back out on the water the next day.

hhn92

Super Anarchist
Tampa Bay Fla

+1

Been there, done that on the old Morning Glory.
Ditto on diff 3 boats+ Still wishing Doug the best!
A little personality comes through;

"she's straighter than she's ever been..."

He keeps you on your toes, but that is what it takes to win.

@last

Anarchist
Thanks for showing some love for the PHRF fleet and J-80's today, while the other classes have alot of glamour, rock stars, etc, many of us out here are just weekend warriors and that is what we sail. Nice job with the Rev on video, just the right length/content for the most part, good job with the pics also. Lots of snow here but hoping that has a positive impact on lake levels this year. Agree about the need for cost containment in these regattas, I suspect like most things in life supply and demand will come into play and correct the problem.

Flip Rigsby

Super Anarchist
Ditto on diff 3 boats+ Still wishing Doug the best!

No doubt, I am wishing them the best! Doug is about as hard core as they come when it comes down to getting things done and he is just as hard core on the water when it comes to winning. He is one of the most talented sailors I have ever known.

fan

Super Anarchist
San Diego

Thanks to all.
I'm watching from China and dying a little everyday but at least its cold there llol. By the time I look at 8am all racing is over for the day so I start about page 2 and read through. The internet is soo freaking slow I usually watch one or two videos if they look really interesting. Then after I finish the thread I go back and watch a few more videos letting them load while I work. Thanks this is the next best thing to being there.

D

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Someone was just shot and killed in front of the Cyprus House. We are worried that it might be a sailor. The police are interviewing a bunch of Annapolis sailors.