Dumptruck and Shitbox

JItillIdie

Anarchist
1021H: RC posting course 4 ... 1.7nm for M32 class and 1.5 for M24 and J105 ... bearing 045. Mark boats are getting in position now. 10 minutes to first warning.

1029H: Course is setttled at 040; All other course info remains the same - 4 legs, Phrf1,2 J80 with 2.0 distance legs and Phrf3,4 with 1.7mile legs

MR.CLEAN

Not here
I was just told that I tried to steal a bicycle from someone last night on our walk home. I'm not shocked.

JItillIdie

Anarchist
1031H: Blah, Blah, Blah, and Confederate Ram seem to be the only two boats missing.

Starting our sequence on time.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
With the breeze out of the NE, this Division is the only one that's out of the lee of KW. Little boats get big waves today...20 knots solid, 3-5 foot seas.

1021H: RC posting course 4 ... 1.7nm for M32 class and 1.5 for M24 and J105 ... bearing 045. Mark boats are getting in position now. 10 minutes to first warning.
1029H: Course is setttled at 040; All other course info remains the same - 4 legs, Phrf1,2 J80 with 2.0 distance legs and Phrf3,4 with 1.7mile legs
Does anyone else think that it's odd that the screaming M32's get a 1.7nm leg, and the J/80's have to bang out 2 nm??

hard aground

Super Anarchist
Motherfucking power went off last night, killing our video uploads and alarm clock. Power came on at 9 AM of course, right when we were leaving. Unbelievable. The Melges party wasn't last night, it's tonight - though we made our own party, and I'm suffering for it.
I have to tell you all - downtown is depressing. I simply cannot believe how dead the town was. YOU who are familiar with KW, note that we checked out Sloppy Joe's, the Parrot, and a half dozen other places - and they were EMPTY. Any other year, all those places were completely packed, spilling over into the streets. Is it the end of an era? No idea - but something has got to change - it is NOT just the economy that has kept the sailors home. I hope that Premiere can pull it together, because this is truly a favorite for so many folks. KW is great because the allure of it is about 50% party and 50% racing. Without 200 boats, it's just an expensive regatta.
Maybe invite the 20's?

JItillIdie

Anarchist
1033H: We are now inside the M32 starting sequence ... 3 minute to the start

Does anyone else think that it's odd that the screaming M32's get a 1.7nm leg, and the J/80's have to bang out 2 nm??
big time

1015H: (SW) Setting the course square to 035 mag. WM1 2.3 nm / WM2 2.0 nm. - div 1

practically as long as rosebud's legs.

Last edited by a moderator:

JItillIdie

Anarchist
1036H: (SW) IRC 1 off clean with a beautiful set up of all the boats right on the line bows out Sun breaking through giving us the bright green water KW is famous for.

1036H: AND they are off and running ... no over earlies ... 5 minutes break before the first warning of M24 class

oneguyfromdetroit

Super Anarchist
Detroit
Motherfucking power went off last night, killing our video uploads and alarm clock. Power came on at 9 AM of course, right when we were leaving. Unbelievable. The Melges party wasn't last night, it's tonight - though we made our own party, and I'm suffering for it.
I have to tell you all - downtown is depressing. I simply cannot believe how dead the town was. YOU who are familiar with KW, note that we checked out Sloppy Joe's, the Parrot, and a half dozen other places - and they were EMPTY. Any other year, all those places were completely packed, spilling over into the streets. Is it the end of an era? No idea - but something has got to change - it is NOT just the economy that has kept the sailors home. I hope that Premiere can pull it together, because this is truly a favorite for so many folks. KW is great because the allure of it is about 50% party and 50% racing. Without 200 boats, it's just an expensive regatta.
Actually, that was true to some degree last year. With the economy in the shitter, fewer non-sailors are visiting KW, thereby taking away that critical mass of people that you need to pack the bars and make those memories of 'what happens in KW stays in KW'... Plus, with a higher percentage of pro programs, those guys won't be out setting their hair on fire until the end of the week....so, hence the empty streets.

It IS the economy. Sailing hasn't gotten worse in KW; say what you want, but Premiere does a consistently damn good job, overall, of race management.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Oops - wrong mark. It is honking, and I just put two more layers of clothing on. It may not be as bad as the midwest, but it sucks!

madre

Hey for those interested in the Reverend Petey Crawford, shooter working with Clean & highlights creator--here's the link to his bio on our site.

http://www.iniki.com/t-crawford.aspx

We also have Pete's DVDs for sale, which means you could watch his stuff at your leisure on something other than a dinky little youtube window. (I'm no production values Nazi, but watching youtube makes me want to cry.)

As I say in the bio. I think Pete's style of shooting, combined with the tecnology that lets you shoot simultaneously from multiple angles and measurement provided by programs like Kattack, has implications for the sport. I'd be interested sometime to hear what anarchists think about it. (But not now, now we are watching races!)

Great job on coverage everyone!

[email protected]

Latest posts