Dumptruck and Shitbox

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Primal Scream 6:02

Kali 6:10

Emocean 8:09

Funny to see the big boats pole back straight at us, with the Tiger ripping off in her own asym world.

JItillIdie

Anarchist
1151H: (SB) Rosebud has finished Race 5 at 11:32:41

Goombay Smash has passed Barking Mad at the 2nd weather mark followed by Joe Fly

Ran got pushed out past the layline at the gate and cleared the bow of the Signal Boat by 10 ft. Rio was right behind and just as close.

1154H: (SB) Goombay Smash just hit the Signal Boat at the bow and then again at the starboard quarter after gybing. They have a big scratch down their side. No serious damage to the Signal Boat as far as we can see right now - checking out below waterline. (edit - DAMN!)

1152H: M32 rounding 2nd top mark Star 32...Lennabarca 83...Red 84 ...Flat Stanley 71 ... Calvi 81 M24 top rounding Giacomel Audi 42...KO Sailing 38...UKA 43...Team Pacemaker 35 ....WTF 22 j105s top rounding Max Power 90...Savasana 55...Eclipse 50...Another Hazard 40 ...Rum at Six 56

Last edited by a moderator:

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Mer:

day_31.jpg

day_34.jpg

day_32.jpg

day_35.jpg

day_33.jpg

day_36.jpg

JItillIdie

Anarchist
1155H: Wairere first finisher.

El Ocaso next.

Turning Pt, Primal Scream, Kali

Sailing Anarchy visiting our finish line.

EmOcean finishing out PHRF-1 (edit, wtf is going on w/ these guys? they won 7 out of 8 races or something like that last year...)

JItillIdie

Anarchist
1157H: M32 to finish Star 32 ... Leenabarca 83 ...Red 84....Flat Stanley 71...Calvi 81 M24s to finish UKA 43 ...Giacomel Audi 42 ...KO Sailing 38 ...WTF 22 ....Pacemaker 35 J105s to finish Max Power 90 ... Savasana 55...Eclipse 50...Another Hazard 40 ....Rum at Six 56. These are notes from the blogger and NOT official results.

JItillIdie

Anarchist
1159H: No Race 6 until at least 12:15 - div 3

5 legs for all - div 3

Good Girl and Tangent finishing - div 3

JItillIdie

Anarchist
1201H: What you missed while I was offline ... RC moved the shorter course from 1.4nm from yesterday to 1.5nm for the M24 and J105s to give the M24s move room at the leeward mark. The M32s and M24 were rounding together. The M24s should be happier sailing in clearer air, it seems to be working out much better.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Tiger finishes overlapped with Seefest.

Here's J/80 top mark:

Tiger vid loading. Boat looks pimp. Flying, in control, pretty. Cape Fear is very quick in these conditions.

I don't disagree that Premiere throws a great regatta. But the economy had nothing to do with the fact that the event has consistently slid from a high of 320 boats in 2002 or 3 to 264 last year....
You're sure about that?

Without exception, EVERYONE I have spoken with, who is NOT in KW this year (and who you'd consider KW 'regulars') cited the economy as the main reason they were skipping this year. NONE of them cited any dissatisfaction with the event, or, the venue. We must not talk with the same people...

Had 3 rides bail due to the economy.
Ditto.... Could have driven a support boat, but, then I couldn't justify the expense & time off work. sucks. (Only 2nd one that I've missed in 16+ yrs.)
the programe i was with (M32) bailed within 48 hrs of the presidential election results.

Classy leapin gnome that is funny!
did ya miss dock time for the farr?

got the ease 3 weeks before...oh well

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Once again, our report is evolving - and once again, I had little to do with it. Vegas, JI (who should be here driving his new M24 right now), and the rest of you who are posting outside info - you are turning this report into not only the best OTW action, but into a repository for all things KW. That's the beauty of this place.

JItillIdie

Anarchist
1203H: we had to give up one of our mark boats to Div 1. Weather mark 2 (the shorter leg mark boat) now has to come to assist in the finishes. That leaves Weather mark 1 to guard the second top rounding for the M32 and then slide down to the shorter top mark for the M24 and J105 roundings. This all seems to be timing out perfect so far ... I've not missed any roundings.

1204H: RC is setting cause 5 ... 1.7nm and 1.5nm .. bearing 035 ... wind is now down to about 10 knots ... M32 warning will be at 12:07

1206H: Looks like no serious damage to Signal Boat. Goombay Smash hit the anchor line first which took some of the impact. The main trimmer on Goombay yelled to our foredeck crew to hit the deck and they all did to avoid being hit by the boom. They also came back and refinished and apologized.

1155H: Wairere first finisher.
El Ocaso next.

Turning Pt, Primal Scream, Kali

Sailing Anarchy visiting our finish line.

EmOcean finishing out PHRF-1 (edit, wtf is going on w/ these guys? they won 7 out of 8 races or something like that last year...)
Did anyone get the J80 finishes??

C'mon JOYDOT we need more input, please!