Dumptruck and Shitbox

Wash

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, CA
Goombay Smash tagged us on the Signal Boat pretty good-- Sailed too close too us trying to beat out Barking Mad that they were overlapped with-- hit the anchor chain- and then smashed into our starboard bow and then again a couple of times down our starboard rail- Their boom cleared our cabin top fortunately--- some pretty good bangin' and crashin'!

JItillIdie

Anarchist
1211H: R flag going down at 12:25; first warning at 12:30

All fleets but PHRF-4 doing a 1.8 mi leg; Phrf-4 doing 1.4 leg - all doing 5 legs.

JItillIdie

Anarchist
1214H: Weather mark boat reported that another melges snagged the mark and spun off ... they ran right into it not giving themselves enough room to clear. Zen happens. The action just keeps happening, so much of it that the heli might be getting TOO close for comfort. AND the M32s are off to the weather mark again ... all clear

hmsmweasel

Super Anarchist
1214H: Weather mark boat reported that another melges snagged the mark and spun off ... they ran right into it not giving themselves enough room to clear. Zen happens. The action just keeps happening, so much of it that the heli might be getting TOO close for comfort. AND the M32s are off to the weather mark again ... all clear

Is there some current out there today- seems like lots of mark snags and as Wash reported Comedy boat hang ups

JItillIdie

Anarchist
JI (who should be here driving his new M24 right now)
this coverage is the next best thing. i'm counting down to st. pete though, looking forward to mixing it up. fyi, chas m24 practice got moved to 1/31 if you're around.
just checked St Pete NOOD entries 107 so far... it's on for Feb 13-15... no M 32 this year...boat count is off there as well
i think the early registration deadline is 1/26 so hopefully we'll get a spike. all this 'boat count down' stuff (although true) can turn into a self-fulfilling phophecy. i hope people realize what a bargain this event is (compared to kw). not to mention hutchinson was there last year, so it has a history of talent. and the m24 world's are in the us this year so hopefully we can get some people out of the woodworks getting ready for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

MR.CLEAN

Not here
J/80:

Rumor

Jammy Dodger (but they're being protested)

Kicks

Bob Dylan

Angry Chameleon

Veloce

SWE621

Lucky Frog

Juggernaut

Blind Faith

Relentless

Spank Me

Willy T.

Setting up for 5 legs.

JItillIdie

Anarchist
1216H: M24 Rumor 46 missed the first race in is trying to make it to the course for the second .. warning signal for M24 will be 12:17 ... will he make it ??

1220H: Confederate Ram last boat on the course. But, they are out here! Sun is shining more; clouds breaking up.

this coverage is the next best thing.
I'm just happy to see you putting your new MBA to good use. :unsure:
i'm sure my employer is too.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
PHRF 4:

Elysium

Lightning Rod: +3:00

Lobo Rojo +4:18

Thunderbox: +5:36

Blablabla +6:18

Caribbean Soul +6:31

Dimarian 21: + 9:11

MR.CLEAN

Not here
JI (who should be here driving his new M24 right now)
this coverage is the next best thing. i'm counting down to st. pete though, looking forward to mixing it up. fyi, chas m24 practice got moved to 1/31 if you're around.
just checked St Pete NOOD entries 107 so far... it's on for Feb 13-15... no M 32 this year...boat count is off there as well
i think the early registration deadline is 1/26 so hopefully we'll get a spike. all this 'boat count down' stuff (although true) can turn into a self-fulfilling phophecy. i hope people realize what a bargain this event is (compared to kw). not to mention hutchinson was there last year, so it has a history of talent. and the m24 world's are in the us this year so hopefully we can get some people out of the woodworks getting ready for it.
I'm not going to pretend that it's not an issue, but it's definitely not a self-fulfilling prophecy. People want to race, people love to race, and that's why the sportboats are going to do so much better over the coming years than any other type of boat - because costs have got to come down. Charleston and St. Pete will be the beneficiaries, as will the CHAW. Speaking of which, hopefully L_Z is close to getting registration up for that one - if cost is on your mind, that's the regatta to do.