dylan winter

Super Anarchist
old bloke without bikini wife  buys yet another four knot shit box

nothing to see here

move on lads

Last edited by a moderator:

IStream

Super Anarchist
What about all the other old blokes without bikini wives who want to watch?

It's a pandemic, please take pity.

kimbottles

Super Anarchist
PNW
Yeah, some of us think your videos are far superior to those silly young kids flittering around in skippy attire.

My non bikini wife and I very much enjoy your vids.

So glad you found your motorsailer!!

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
I used to sail one of these

yandy142052.jpg

then in mid life one of these

16819223_265961680500050_4688565481893115637_o.jpg

now......

a telephone box on small tug

foto1

Panope

Super Anarchist
Port Townsend, WA
Most excellent, Dylan.  

I look forward to the forthcoming video of a fogbound fjord shot from the comfort of that wheel house.

Is the outboard motor intended to be primary propulsion or secondary?

Steve

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
Most excellent, Dylan.  

I look forward to the forthcoming video of a fogbound fjord shot from the comfort of that wheel house.

Is the outboard motor intended to be primary propulsion or secondary?

Steve
it is for two reasons

the boat has not been to sea for five years - the engine has been run but there will be crud to stir up

and

I sail close to the edge when sailing. Twice a year  I get  fisherman's detritis and gear around my prop -

not the same fisherman obviously

he would be quite justified in being pissed off at me if it was always the same bloke

the outboard gives me a plan B when the old volvo shits on me as sailing out of trouble would be a challenge in a tub called the whale

I have done most of my sailing with an outbard bracket on the back and a long shaft slumbering aboard somewhere.  It has saved me a lot of embarassment over the years.

Being owed into port is too humiliating to contemplate

D

Panope

Super Anarchist
Port Townsend, WA
it is for two reasons

the boat has not been to sea for five years - the engine has been run but there will be crud to stir up

and

I sail close to the edge when sailing. Twice a year  I get  fisherman's detritis and gear around my prop -

not the same fisherman obviously

he would be quite justified in being pissed off at me if it was always the same bloke

the outboard gives me a plan B when the old volvo shits on me as sailing out of trouble would be a challenge in a tub called the whale

I have done most of my sailing with an outbard bracket on the back and a long shaft slumbering aboard somewhere.  It has saved me a lot of embarassment over the years.

Being owed into port is too humiliating to contemplate

D
Cool.

Maybe outboard could also be used on a shore boat. 

Steve

Jim in Halifax

Super Anarchist
Nova Scotia
In the other thread, you mention launching, coming down the North Sea, and eventually into the Deben and home...where is the boat lying and how long do you anticipate the delivery will take? Delivery crew? I assume you will be documenting this first adventure in the whale...we shall look forward to it!

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
In the other thread, you mention launching, coming down the North Sea, and eventually into the Deben and home...where is the boat lying and how long do you anticipate the delivery will take? Delivery crew? I assume you will be documenting this first adventure in the whale...we shall look forward to it!
it is about 330 miles from Blyth - near newcastle to the Deben

first bit is day hops - lots of places to stop

after the humber it gets a bit harder

but two days and one night should do that bit

I have three days of sea trials this week so will see what progres I can expect during daylight hours and how easy she is to single hand

light at six am - dark at 8pm  - but daylight hours dropping fast 

I would rather not be arsing around in the dark in the north sea too much.

But I have time to sit in port waiting for the weather windows. 

as this is the east coast and westerlies are prevailing here it is generally sheltered and not too many lee shores.

D

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
following my post on here PF has offered to send me a Maxie Metho with a grill he has had floating around his shed

all the way from Tassie

the web can be a wonderfully heart warming thing

I promise to keep it clean and cook only gourmet food on it

as well as grilled cheese on toast

baked beans and Fray Bentos pies

flat chips

egg banjos

D

IMG-0184.jpg

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
following my post on here PF has offered to send me a Maxie Metho with a grill he has had floating around his shed

all the way from Tassie

the web can be a wonderfully heart warming thing

I promise to keep it clean and cook only gourmet food on it

as well as grilled cheese on toast

baked beans and Fray Bentos pies

flat chips

egg banjos

D

IMG-0184.jpg
They're nice little stoves. I 'modified' one (or a very similar unit) not so long ago for Troy & Pascale of Free Range Sailing. We took the griller part off to reduce the height.

FKT

savoir

Super Anarchist
Congratulations Dylan.  That looks like the class of boat that you said you wanted a few years ago and it has a heater.  Woohoo !

Kris Cringle

Super Anarchist
This is great news, Dylan! I can hardly wait for your films.

You have some fettlin' to do by the sounds.

Knowing how you feel about fettlin',...I am concerned about that so please post the problems. We may supply the needed therapy you'll require to get through this stage. 

Ajax

Super Anarchist
Edgewater, MD
old bloke without bikini wife  buys yet another four knot shit box

nothing to see here

move on lads
Oohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no, we're going to have great fun with this.

"interior walls like a chip shop."  I died laughing when I read that.  I observed the green paint of a Volvo inboard. Yuck.

You do realize you could have applied anti-foul 3X faster with a roller than that itty bitty chip brush, right?  If that plotter is functional and has charts of a reasonable age, I'd think carefully before removing it.