Easter; when Jesus crawled out of his hole today,

Olsonist

Super Anarchist
New Oak City
We don't actually know whether Jesus was a chocolate bunny zombie.

But it is an interesting question.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
You certainly can't prove he wasn't one. But this should be a tolerant forum and we shouldn't ask those questions.

White Lightnin'

Super Anarchist
Anacortes, Wa
Don't know about any shadows, but I had a wonderful day with my Family and my Faith. Both of which I consider to be Blessings.

Hope you all had a pleasant day as well!!

WL

austin1972

Super Anarchist
Thanks! It was 75 and sunny here, which is a blessing after the last 6 months of whatever the heck that was.

I got a sunburn on my frostbite!

Dpneis

Anarchist
Upstate NY
I had a delightful 11 hour shift at work this Easter.

Though envious, i truly hope all those who celebrated had a good day with family.

That said, Christians stole the name from the Saxons who celebrated the holiday in praise to the goddess Eastur (multiple spellings, names ect a crossed Europe). Spring in general was marked with a celebration of fertility just about worldwide by every religion, ya know with bunnies and eggs -n- stuff. Much like decorating pine trees, traditions continue. As they should, as far as i am concerned.

To say Easter overall somehow "belongs" to christians is rather silly, when it would seem like all of the pagan overtones would have the bible thumpers demanding the holiday, as it is observed by most, be kept out of schools. Yet our friends at Fox were very concerned with a few schools and Easter egg hunts. Not because of the ties to pagan symbolism, but because they felt it was an attack on christians not to proceed with them?

Strangeness of that aside, it doesn't really matter, if you are celebrating the resurrection, freedom from Egyptian slavery, some ancient goddess or just spring itself. A ritualized family celebration is good on its own merits and i was sad to miss it.

G

I had a delightful 11 hour shift at work this Easter.

Though envious, i truly hope all those who celebrated had a good day with family.

That said, Christians stole the name from the Saxons who celebrated the holiday in praise to the goddess Eastur (multiple spellings, names ect a crossed Europe). Spring in general was marked with a celebration of fertility just about worldwide by every religion, ya know with bunnies and eggs -n- stuff. Much like decorating pine trees, traditions continue. As they should, as far as i am concerned.

To say Easter overall somehow "belongs" to christians is rather silly, when it would seem like all of the pagan overtones would have the bible thumpers demanding the holiday, as it is observed by most, be kept out of schools. Yet our friends at Fox were very concerned with a few schools and Easter egg hunts. Not because of the ties to pagan symbolism, but because they felt it was an attack on christians not to proceed with them?

Strangeness of that aside, it doesn't really matter, if you are celebrating the resurrection, freedom from Egyptian slavery, some ancient goddess or just spring itself. A ritualized family celebration is good on its own merits and i was sad to miss it.
Great post!

kent_island_sailor

Super Anarchist
Kent Island!
I had a great Easter with family and it was actually not snowing or freezing or otherwise polar-vortexing us to death for once.

I am not really one for baiting religious people for no reason. As my brother just told me last night, if whatever your religion happens to be helps you be a better person, then go for it.