Ed's Shaw 650 Booted from High Sierra Regatta - From the Front Pag

[email protected]

Super Anarchist
USA
Surely, the High Sierra RC doesnt know who theyre fucking with... me thinks when they figure it out Scooter's entry will be reinstated.

Last edited by a moderator:

jrc808

Oside
seriously wtff. I have never sailed a shaw but I would really like to see what one could do in socal. fuck phrf if they are really gonna penalize a new boat just cause its from out of town...

Snarley

Super Anarchist
US
Top 10 reasons why the Editor of Sailing Anarchy Can't race his Shaw 650

10. You have to own an entire boat to enter (Ex owns half)

9. Shaw 650 NOT US COAST GUARD APPROVED....unlike those very safe Americas Cup boats

8. Editor violated rule RRS 69.69 -----No free swag for Race Organizer = no entry for ED.

7. Race Official bought a new Flying Tiger based on Editors comments in SA- Wife left him

6. Shaw 650 BIG PIMPIN' (Publicity has nothing to do with this.....trust me!!!)

1. Commodore of the High Sierra Royal Yacht Club.......you guessed it the Honorable Reid Stowe.....revenge is a bitch!

Get your BIG Pimpin' Popcorn, Peanuts and Beer here....... For all unsuspecting onlookers here are the specs on the Shaw 650 http://shaw650.com/yacht_design/index.html

Snarley

Super Anarchist
US
This is going to be very unfunny if the reason is something to do with West Coast PHRF. No Lifelines or no class P Portable toilet......WAIT......is the boat missing a floor board or two?

OK I STILL CAN"T get over Dr. Laura being evicted from PHRF over floor boards.... SO CAL PHRF IS SOOOOOO>>>> Lame!!!

My money is on a simple PHRF requirement.

SPORTSCAR

Super Anarchist
This reminds me of the shitfight with the Elliott winged race boat called Gorilla Biscuits when the blue blazers set at the RNZYS wouldn't let it race. But holy shit people, that was way back in 1987, surely sailing has progressed since those days?

Unleash the SA hordes on the bastards Ed, show 'em who they're fuckin' with!

We shall overcome :)

ojfd

Anarchist
Don't forget that RRS 76.1 added an extra sentance this year - they must give a reason, promptly, in writing - but you gotta ask.
And then there are US Sailing prescriptions:

Rule 76.1

After rule 76.1 add

US Sailing prescribes that an organizing authority or race committee shall not reject or

cancel the entry of a boat or exclude a competitor eligible under the notice of race and

sailing instructions for an arbitrary or capricious reason or for reason of race, color,

religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or age.

Snaggletooth

SA's Morrelle Compasse
I thick thisse calles foure sailings topp avocate aganste PRHF abusse, Johnie Expo!!

You mabey remmeber some of hisse famusse quotes delled in heate of battelle:

"Oh yeahe!!! Re-rate thiss!"

"Evan youre momma gaive me three secands foure that"

"Wingnutte2 = youre typicalle PHRF Commiittee Mebber"

So when in neede calle teh steede; Johnie Expozito of Cittey Iland, NY.

This has been happening for years to the Martin 243. The long lost SORC did let me her one. but being on a starting ling w/ a J44 and others can be a little dangerous to say the least.

[email protected]

Super Anarchist
USA
the high sierra is such a cool regatta... maybe in true anarchist style the ed should still haul her up there and sail her around the marks even if they don't score him?

Trevor B

Super Anarchist
Santa Cruz, CA
I'm pretty sure that the Shaw 650 can't get a Nor Cal PHRF rating 'cuz it's keel is too light. Maybe that's the reason.

II. CRITERIA
The NCPHRF Committee shall establish performance ratings for sailboats which:
A. Have ballast and are single hulled:
B. Have a canoe body of nineteen feet or greater;
C. Have minimum solid ballast of 400 pounds, unless grandfathered in prior to 1998.
D. Have submitted a properly completed application and supporting information to enable the Committee to understand the
shape, size and speed-producing factors of the boat.

And from Shaw650.com:
Displacement

310kg (683 lbs)

Bulb size

100kg (220 lbs)

sailman

Super Anarchist
Portsmouth, RI
I'm pretty sure that the Shaw 650 can't get a Nor Cal PHRF rating 'cuz it's keel is too light. Maybe that's the reason.

II. CRITERIA
The NCPHRF Committee shall establish performance ratings for sailboats which:
A. Have ballast and are single hulled:
B. Have a canoe body of nineteen feet or greater;
C. Have minimum solid ballast of 400 pounds, unless grandfathered in prior to 1998.
D. Have submitted a properly completed application and supporting information to enable the Committee to understand the
shape, size and speed-producing factors of the boat.

And from Shaw650.com:
Displacement

310kg (683 lbs)

Bulb size

100kg (220 lbs)
To me that seems the best explanation. Get a Portsmouth Class or petition for the PHRF Bylaws to be amended. If it is the reason then stop complaining about not being able to race against displacement boats. It's like the guy that buys a house near an airport and then complains to the town about plane noise.