Eight Children Stabbed To Death in Cairns, Australia

PBO

Super Anarchist
Thats ok.

For what?
You have the floor. Difference between violent acts & mental health acts.

Away you go
I'm not familiar with this or any community in FNQ but I image the problem is not dissimilar to other communities. Fucking sad beyond words when you see kids with potential being dragged into community legacy issues

As course & racist as it may sound, the current generations in profoundly dysfunctional communities are lost, almost beyond help. There are very few affordable & practical solutions available to them because of how inter generational the problems can be. The traditional social structures have been eroded beyond repair in some cases & without this all is lost for some. If the community elders are able, that is where hope lies IMO, they need the support to make change

Edit; I should add that corruption & greed are usually associated with other Aussies but indigenous Australia suffers with this, perhaps more so. Cash & self managed funding don't work

Last edited by a moderator:

Ease the sheet.

ignoring stupid people is easy
What would you do grumpy?
I'd make sure I knew a bit about what I was talking about before gobbing off.
so why did you post links to news articles that mentioned bombs in sydney? Seems gobbing of is what you do.
You're upset because I posted a link to yahoo news? Really?
That's just precious.
Im not upset. Im amused. The fact that you think I might be upset is touching.

nannygovtsucks

Super Anarchist
Mohammed Bin Lyin said:
Manoora has a large Aboriginal/Native population, lots of problems in that community with the government considering welfare quarantining to prevent them buying drugs and alcohol,the usual cries of racism from the leftists.

Australia did not ban guns and we have not reduced our firearm numbers, it is a fact our firearm numbers are the highest they have ever been despite what the ignorant claim while at the exact same time we have our lowest ever firearm crime rates.

Our firearm crime rate decreased while the numbers of legally owned firearms have increased,this is a fact the anti gun bigots appear to ignore.

Dr Samara McPhedran wrote this-

Http://gameconnsw.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/McPhedran_More_Guns_More_or_Less_Crime.pdf

Our reduction in firearm crime came from trying to prevent criminals and the mentally ill from owning firearms, there has been an huge increase in firearm numbers, it's a lie the firearm numbers have decreased.

A rural landowner can purchase a semi auto centrefire rifle with a 30 round magazine in Queensland,can you own one of them in California,Ma or Ny, did someone say these were outlawed in 1996?
Good info. Going to mess up Randumb's mind. (Wink. )

The murders had absolutely nothing to do with gun laws.

The mother, who is a Torres Strait Islander, has formally been charged this afternoon.

All reports suggest the drug Ice was the main factor involved here.

G

The murders had absolutely nothing to do with gun laws.

The mother, who is a Torres Strait Islander, has formally been charged this afternoon.

All reports suggest the drug Ice was the main factor involved here.
Ahhh.... so if the knife murderer kills 8 children hopped up on drugs - its the drug's fault. But if the same person had committed the murders with a semi-auto rifle - it would be the gun's fault. Gotcha.

Not a great analogy.

The mother used kitchen knives and was high on Ice. Ice in Australia is becoming / is a major problem. There have been a number of attacks because of Ice recently in Australia.

Depression, ice and sensitive issues relating to indigenous people in Australia are the major issues here.

There were two major shooting incidents in Australia. Hoddle St in 1987 and Port Arthur in 1996. Ever since the new gun laws were introduced, there hasn't been one.

the idea of passing draconian laws for the guise of public safety creeps me out. it reminds me of i, robot.people die. its what we do. bad laws by an over reaching government are there till the country crumbles. it wont be long till the populace is put into medically induced comas, and taken care of by a few. itll be for our safety after all. its a dangerous world out there.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Not a great analogy.

The mother used kitchen knives and was high on Ice. Ice in Australia is becoming / is a major problem. There have been a number of attacks because of Ice recently in Australia.

Depression, ice and sensitive issues relating to indigenous people in Australia are the major issues here.

There were two major shooting incidents in Australia. Hoddle St in 1987 and Port Arthur in 1996. Ever since the new gun laws were introduced, there hasn't been one.
Two killed and five wounded by an assailant with multiple guns is pretty minor, to be sure. I'm sure slingshot killings are down dramatically as well.

random said:
the idea of passing draconian laws for the guise of public safety creeps me out. it reminds me of i, robot.people die. its what we do. bad laws by an over reaching government are there till the country crumbles. it wont be long till the populace is put into medically induced comas, and taken care of by a few. itll be for our safety after all. its a dangerous world out there.
Draconian laws for public safety creeps you out? Really? Like having to have a license to drive a car and that everyone must drive on the same side of the road? Where will it all end?
not the brightest bulb are you?

random said:
You were the one talking about "robot.people die" and medically induced comas. Now I'm a light bulb apparently ...
0e2662261_1384887043_missed-target.png

PBO

Super Anarchist
Oh well, I guess that's OK then. After all no decent queenslander would use a semi auto for anything other than legal purposes. Thanks for polishing that turd