El Mariachi/Boothy in trouble...

Not My Real Name

Not Actually Me
Meh. We could be a bunch of guys talking about interesting political things but we have to wade thru so much ignorance to get there.

Well, with new software, you actually do disappear the blocked idiots.

It shows how one sided the conversations really are.

Bump-n-Grind

Get off my lawn.
Chesapeake Bay/Vail
The BaT rabbit hole is deep. It will swallow you whole and hang on tight with its icy grip.
Especially when you sign up for notifications when certain make/models get listed.
so true, a couple months ago it sent me on a 2 week spinout looking at mid 70s Yamaha DT400s all over the fucking planet.
in hindsight, if I'd bought a barn with a concrete floor instead of my first boat and never sold any of the cars I've owned over the years, retirement would be a lot more comfortable

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
so true, a couple months ago it sent me on a 2 week spinout looking at mid 70s Yamaha DT400s all over the fucking planet.
in hindsight, if I'd bought a barn with a concrete floor instead of my first boat and never sold any of the cars I've owned over the years, retirement would be a lot more comfortable

Aint it the truth!! 64 Pontiac LeMans cabrio, Frogeye Sprite, 65 Cooper S MkI, even my first car the Karmann Ghia rat rod ragtop would be worth serious change today!!

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
Yepper. By 30, I'd owned over 50 cars. A couple of nice Brit roadsters but most were stock American beaters of the type we see auctioned off for huge money these days. They seem way cooler now than then.

MR.CLEAN

After taking a spin in a well-kept 2nd gen RX-7 and a beautiful 944 turbo last week, I was reminded that the corollary to "Never meet your heroes" is "Your favorite old cars don't drive the way you thought they did." Even if they are worth 10 times now what they were then.

Willin'

Super Anarchist
The Burg, Maine
boothy is finding out the hard way that being a embittered, drug addled, bigoted, asshole, gringo in a Mexican shit hole doesn’t turn out well. Things might have gone better for him if he had chosen a US shithole like the Villages, with like minded people.
Seems to me Boothy tried moving to the Flawrida panhandle for a while to find some sanity and escape California madness. They spanked him and sent him home IIRC.

Likewise his brief residence somewhere in the Sonoran or Mojave desert.

Now Mexico. Another paradise lost to him. I wonder where to next?

Windward

Super Anarchist
Ah ha!

So now that you look at the modest sum of your savings post boating, or at least with the "post" part nearing, what would you save?

You can get that concrete floor unheated barn.

What to save?

A Tesla? Naaa...
Cummins 12v pickup?
Echo Weed trimmers?
Bridgeport Lathes?
International Scout parts?
Boats?
Twinkies?
Used zinc anodes?

Drier lint collection?

kent_island_sailor

Super Anarchist
Kent Island!
After taking a spin in a well-kept 2nd gen RX-7 and a beautiful 944 turbo last week, I was reminded that the corollary to "Never meet your heroes" is "Your favorite old cars don't drive the way you thought they did." Even if they are worth 10 times now what they were then.
This times a thousand. The competency of an average car today is so good we forget how bad average cars could be back in the day. Those cars were like sharks in a goldfish pond when new. Now they get passed by minivans :rolleyes:
* see various YouTubes of Camrys beating Countachs

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland
Seems to me Boothy tried moving to the Flawrida panhandle for a while to find some sanity and escape California madness. They spanked him and sent him home IIRC.

Likewise his brief residence somewhere in the Sonoran or Mojave desert.

Now Mexico. Another paradise lost to him. I wonder where to next?
Prison?

Latest posts

SA Podcast

Sailing Anarchy Podcast with Scot Tempesta

Sponsored By: