Electoral College changes

Sean

Super Anarchist
Sag Harbor, NY

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
As if the 2020 census wasn't completely fucked up. I had 3 different census workers show up at my door last summer/autumn. The first guy looked like he was going to die on my door step, so I invited him in to the airconditioned house and gave him a cold water. "Completely against the rules. I could get fired for this. Please don't tell anyone I did this." I assured him I wouldn't.

3 weeks later another census worker shows up. Asks the same questions. I tell him there'd already been a census worker here. He checked his phone. "Nope. No one from the census bureau has visited this address yet".

I answered the same questions, and he left.

About 3 weeks later, another one shows up. This one maskless. I ask him about the mask. "We're no longer required to wear them" I told him that 2 other census workers had already been here. He checked his phone. "Not here they haven't" He said. I answered the questions again. He asked about the people living at what was theoretically my neighbor's house, but the street address he had was complete fantasy. I told him there was no such address, that my place was the last one on the street. He looked confused, and asked me again if the people at the nonexistent house were white, black, hispanic, asian, etc. I told him there was no such house. "I'll just put down, white, married, 2 kids, and own their own house" he said, and waddled off.

I thought about calling the Census office, but decided it wouldn't make any difference around here.

Sean

Super Anarchist
Sag Harbor, NY
The fun begins with redistricting.

Jim Jordan’s district -

83CC5B9A-BCB8-488B-8E69-A797E99D4698.jpeg

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
A census every ten years is really a bit of a joke even if it was efficient.

People are a tad more fluid than back in the horse and buggy days.

mikewof

mikewof
A census every ten years is really a bit of a joke even if it was efficient.

People are a tad more fluid than back in the horse and buggy days.
Relative to population size, populations were really fluid back in horse and buggy days. The territory that my ancestors landed in had multiple 100% increases between censuses. We haven't seen those kind of jumps in the USA since they developed the Bakken Oil Play.

Each Census costs us about $15 billion, I do agree that I would like to see it every other year, because why not? It makes jobs, and public service employees get to wander around making friends with older people, help out with troubles, census workers are generally welcome most places.

Last edited by a moderator: