Emirates Team New Zealand.

The_Alchemist

Super Anarchist
USA
Ok. You do you. I will just chat with one of the SA members that's now on his second cup cycle..

as you were
That is your response? Hahaha.

So you do not have any evidence, information or even guesses on how the land speed racer is a hidden technology development program for the AC, but just believe it because it sounds cool.

And what was your other babel…?

JALhazmat

Super Anarchist
Southampton
Ok, you can test hydraulics, load cells, mechatroinics control systems all unlimited in real time with no restrictions on something that will have very similar load numbers.

yup there is someone from SA that was with AM last time and now with Alinghi that I have know for over 20 years that has the same hypothesis that’s it’s just a test loophole.

at the end of the day I am not the one that thought the back of AM was actually the front so on that basis I will stick to my guns..

The_Alchemist

Super Anarchist
USA
Ok, you can test hydraulics, load cells, mechatroinics control systems all unlimited in real time with no restrictions on something that will have very similar load numbers.

yup there is someone from SA that was with AM last time and now with Alinghi that I have know for over 20 years that has the same hypothesis that’s it’s just a test loophole.

at the end of the day I am not the one that thought the back of AM was actually the front so on that basis I will stick to my guns..
Still not buying it. Any of those things can be tested on various other vessels or other methods that are not limited and could be better designed to simulate the exact needs of an AC75. Remember that the Land Racer is limited to only human input/power for control with no other sources of power storage.

JALhazmat

Super Anarchist
Southampton
Still not buying it. Any of those things can be tested on various other vessels or other methods that are not limited and could be better designed to simulate the exact needs of an AC75. Remember that the Land Racer is limited to only human input/power for control with no other sources of power storage.
Only for the record..

fine don’t buy it. Just like I don’t buy that this is a standalone has nothing to do with the AC project has no benefit to the team and is purely there just to set a record why would you split resources in terms of Ashby design team and manpower.

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
Only for the record..

fine don’t buy it. Just like I don’t buy that this is a standalone has nothing to do with the AC project has no benefit to the team and is purely there just to set a record why would you split resources in terms of Ashby design team and manpower.
Of course its a test loophole, one every team is exploiting including Alinghi and Ineos Team Britannia.
If you can keep your design team employed and working towards a common goal while working on design areas somewhat relevant to the AC then why wouldn't you?

shebeen

Super Anarchist
I might like to add to the above the fact that should the USA drop that ping pong they call football and latch onto to rugby then all the current rugby nations would be well and truely fucked
It will be quite awkward if the USA don't qualify for the 2023 RWC, after just being given the hosting of the 2031 edition.

since we're talking oblong balls, worthwhile pointing out that this ireland test team is 70% Leinster which just lost to the Bulls with zero international players at home when it really mattered. makes you shudder to think how far the AB has fallen.

The_Alchemist

Super Anarchist
USA
Only for the record..

So they will run it with all this AC testing control systems and then take it all off just for the record run? Do you understand the effort it takes just to get the racer tuned, driver experience and exactly correct weather conditions to get lucky enough to set a record? You just can’t go out and break the speed record anytime you want to do it.

You can buy what you want, but there is absolutely no facts supporting it. All you have offered is that someone else that has direct AC experience believes it. About the only thing the two projects have in common is they both have a sail.

The_Alchemist

Super Anarchist
USA
I posted an interesting article in the "...Attempt Wind Powered Speed World Record..." thread about designing a land/ice racer. It was written by the builder of the Iron Duck and is a good read if anyone is interested.

The land racer uses the bow for steering while the AC75 is a tail dragger, completely different animals. One is design for straight line speed in just one direction (asymmetrical wing and body design) and the other is designed to maneuver in all directions at optimized speed, completely different animals. etc, etc, etc.... very little crossover.

enigmatically2

Super Anarchist
Earth
On the whole crossover of technology (or training) to the AC, you would think that a land/ice racer would provide more learning than a straight line speed record attempt. But no-one (as far as we know) is doing that so presumably still not worth it.
In which case it does seem a distraction for a team in an event that is so beloved of the truism that the one thing you never have enough of is time

JALhazmat

Super Anarchist
Southampton
I posted an interesting article in the "...Attempt Wind Powered Speed World Record..." thread about designing a land/ice racer. It was written by the builder of the Iron Duck and is a good read if anyone is interested.

The land racer uses the bow for steering while the AC75 is a tail dragger, completely different animals. One is design for straight line speed in just one direction (asymmetrical wing and body design) and the other is designed to maneuver in all directions at optimized speed, completely different animals. etc, etc, etc.... very little crossover.
It’s still really a VMG machine for course racing rather than all directions but that’s just being pedantic

Terry Hollis

Super Anarchist
Lovely day in auckland

Westhaven & narrow neck beach

20220812_124015.jpg

20220812_124038.jpg

20220812_124055.jpg

20220812_124852.jpg

20220812_150750.jpg

20220812_150801.jpg