Emirates Team New Zealand.

MrBump

3116 NZ
Yea, it still bothers me that they have two when no other team has one to sail! Talk about stacking the deck in your favor.
Its not like others cant sail (the French being the exception). They could either sail the previous cup boats or build their own LEQ12's. The teams knew the situation and chose the best path for them and their challenge. I think "stacking the deck" is a bit of a stretch

Sailbydate

Super Anarchist
Kohimarama
looking at this now, does it mean ETNZ will actually have 4 helmsman for training now, or do PB and NO just take one each and drive both sides?
It would make more sense if PB and NO squared off AGAINST each other, IMO. No advantage them helming together in AC40, 2 boat training. So 4 helms likely required. Fortunately, ETNZ has no shortage of useful helming talent.

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
It would make more sense if PB and NO squared off AGAINST each other, IMO. No advantage them helming together in AC40, 2 boat training. So 4 helms likely required. Fortunately, ETNZ has no shortage of useful helming talent.
Ideally IMO you'd have Pete and his crew up against Nathan, Glenn Ashby, Josh Junior and Ray Davies. Thats 2 formidable crews.

shebeen

Super Anarchist
I suppose it depends what they're wanting to achieve on the day.

two boat testing, NO vs PB
helmsman training NO vs PB
cup prep, NO + PB

it's pretty much a given that all teams will go dual helm for AC37 so I guess you need minimum 3 top helms in your squad all trained up and proficient in all the tasks it comes with.

thinking further ahead, maybe it has been discussed here already, but looks like Ashby is not on the AC40 yet. is he going to be on the starting squad?

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
thank god! We were about to send a search party, two pages of people laughing at a boat falling over and not a peep from you in the teams defence.
Ugh another stupid over reaction. Those same people laughing were the same people screaming disaster when it tipped over the last time and said it was a disaster for the class, and yet, less than 2 weeks later, business as usual nothing to see here lol. We laughed at the idiots when the team won the cup the last two times, and we'll be laughing at them again when the team win in 24.

JALhazmat

Super Anarchist
Southampton
Ugh another stupid over reaction. Those same people laughing were the same people screaming disaster when it tipped over the last time and said it was a disaster for the class, and yet, less than 2 weeks later, business as usual nothing to see here lol. We laughed at the idiots when the team won the cup the last two times, and we'll be laughing at them again when the team win in 24.
Wow, that famous kiwi sense of humour is back.

it was lighthearted you fucking idiot, dare I say friendly, but no you have to come back with all your bullshit. We are better than you. Everything is fucking brilliant you’re all shit we are the best. your inability to interact on any level that isn’t hyper aggressive/defensive

edit..

in hindsight I overstepped with one of my comments, not proud of it and a genuine retraction, no one knows what people are dealing with and saying what I did was personal and unkind. Sorry 4

Last edited:

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
Wow, that famous kiwi sense of humour is back.

it was lighthearted you fucking idiot, dare I say friendly, but no you have to come back with all your bullshit. We are better than you. Everything is fucking brilliant you’re all shit we are the best. thats why people don’t like you, your inability to interact on any level that isn’t hyper aggressive/defensive
Saw the first line and couldn't be bothered reading the rest.
I guess you're not laughing anymore lol
You came at me, not the other way round, like the troll you are.
Now you're crying at the response you got.
Time to grow up dickhead.

Last edited:

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
just at you, along with the majority of people here.
I've told you time and time and time again.I don't give a shit about a bunch of nameless faceless anonymous internet avatars. If you need the approval of a group of internet avatars to feel good about yourself, thats your problem. But believe it or not, there is a real world out there, and guess what, Team NZ has dominated that world for the last 18 years, and thats what makes me feel good.
So you can laugh, cry, troll, circle jerk or do what ever the hell it is with your bunch of internet avatar mates that makes you feel better about yourself, and I'll enjoy the summer weather and fair wind out on the water.

david r

Anarchist
pond
Loos like the rig scales down pretty well. The still have to remove the mast every time after sailing, so idk how it's better than the wing.
Also the cats seem to be better tools for the job because they can have a meaningful race in lighter winds, and the 2 rudder system is more useful than a single rudder. ie can be used for RM, breaking free happens less than the single.