Emirates Team New Zealand.

weta27

Super Anarchist
Nowhere to be seen, must have gone out behind Rangi. 

Perfect day for it, a bit more breeze but still flat.

weta27

Super Anarchist
Photo posted by Paul Miller on Cup Experience FB, taken yesterday

99122051_10157325687692874_691056806247530496_n.jpg

kidviciousf2b

Is it only the port foil they are running with the tip-thing on the inboard edge? Interesting. 
On the cats the foil was more or less in line with each rudder. With the foils out to each side I wonder if it could be some form of rudder to provide more maneuverability than the offset single rudder can provide. 

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
No. Weta already has shots of it on the other side - up the thread. He suggested it was a camera?
Thanks.

It (the port side one) sure appeared to be the item being worked  on in those shots of one, then two guys, out on the arm for a time.

The_Alchemist

Super Anarchist
USA
Did you guys miss the point I was making?  The NZ test boats looks to have bulbed foils on both sides (unless the photo is flipped).  That would be an indication that it gave good enough performance for them to want to use it on both foils.  That is a major change.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
On the cats the foil was more or less in line with each rudder. With the foils out to each side I wonder if it could be some form of rudder to provide more maneuverability than the offset single rudder can provide. 
Interesting possibility. That they were having a glitch with it could even suggest it is controllable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts