Emirates Team New Zealand.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
The entire foil (which is everything attached to the bottom of the arm) has to fit in the box defined in fig. 13.1 (reproduced below), the appendage on the tip seems to go well outside the box.

The wings must be symmetrical about the junction with the arm (strictly the wing symmetry plane) so no special shapes on just one tip:

13.6 A foil wing must be symmetric about the foil wing symmetry plane, as defined in Figure 13.1, with a build tolerance of 3.0 mm, except that within 75 mm of the foil wing symmetry plane, non-structural fairings on the foil wing are not required to be symmetric.

View attachment 364900
Thanks. To TC too.

nav

Super Anarchist
No more interesting than the hundreds of other personal opinions of how to 'do the AC right' with a dash of 'and I'm sure some people would watch it' though is it? 

Zzzzzz

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
No more interesting than the hundreds of other personal opinions of how to 'do the AC right' with a dash of 'and I'm sure some people would watch it' though is it? 

Zzzzzz
True but Justin is a good writer, he articulates the idea well as anyone might. 

weta27

Super Anarchist
Towing out, then cast-off just before rounding North Head.

Headed way out off the Bays so no more pics sorry.

DSC_0432.jpg

DSC_0433.jpg

DSC_0437.jpg

nroose

Super Anarchist
Berkeley
An interesting read, new to me

Could a parallel non-foiling America’s Cup be a viable proposition?

https://yachtracing.life/could-a-parallel-non-foiling-americas-cup-be-a-viable-proposition/
There have always been ideas like this. Once upon a time I wished that the AC would be sailed in STP65s. No boat limits or anything. Imagine if teams could practice all they wanted and have 2 or 3 STP65s in their home waters and another couple at the venue. Then the boats would be excellent inshore and offshore racers for decades.

Don

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Read this

A multifunctional shape-morphing elastomer with liquid metal inclusions

Michael J. Ford, Cedric P. Ambulo, Teresa A. Kent, Eric J. Markvicka, Chengfeng Pan, Jonathan Malen, Taylor H. Ware, and Carmel Majidi
PNAS October 22, 2019 116 (43) 21438-21444; first published October 7, 2019 https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1911021116

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
43 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Posted before?

Difficult to know as the conditions may not be the same but it gives an idea.

One of the TNZ designer had said from the beginning that the B2 would be different from B1 which implied that the dolphin was far from perfect, excepted for the usual idiot fans.

rh3000

Super Anarchist
Auckland, New Zealand
Difficult to know as the conditions may not be the same but it gives an idea.

One of the TNZ designer had said from the beginning that the B2 would be different from B1 which implied that the dolphin was far from perfect, excepted for the usual idiot fans.
We do know you struggle with visual comparisons though - remember your endplating explanation!

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
We do know you struggle with visual comparisons though - remember your endplating explanation!
Ah ah, strange to see how obstinated you are in your mistakes.

You said for months the AC75 was stable, facts proved you wrong

You said for months that new arms would have the same weigh, facts proved you wrong.

Regarding endplating now, you said: "Are you suggesting it's distance to the water now? "

So are you suggesting distance to the water does not play in the case of the AC75 ? :)

rh3000

Super Anarchist
Auckland, New Zealand
Ah ah, strange to see how obstinated you are in your mistakes.

You said for months the AC75 was stable, facts proved you wrong

You said for months that new arms would have the same weigh, facts proved you wrong.

Regarding endplating now, you said: "Are you suggesting it's distance to the water now? "

So are you suggesting distance to the water does not play in the case of the AC75 ? :)
Nice try tornado-coward, I'm happy to leave judgement in the rest of the forum members as to what I did and didn't say...

Last edited by a moderator: