20200630_081849.jpg

20200630_082225.jpg

20200630_082246.jpg

20200630_082346.jpg

phill_nz

Super Anarchist
internet atm
thetruth said:
Hmm sent them an email with no reply. If it wasn't them you would have thought they would make a press statement denying any involvement.....
look at their customers .. they have some very high profile and worth business's

send the customers a cc email asking if they suspect sensitive information has gone missing

mayoandcalder will be quietly shitting themselves atm

they stand to lose the whole business.. and any prospect of being hired by anyone else ( business and employee's )

marketing .. whoda thunked

Last edited by a moderator:

Swanno

Super Anarchist
thetruth said:
Hmm sent them an email with no reply. If it wasn't them you would have thought they would make a press statement denying any involvement.....
"We work closely with city councils, New Zealand Government, Government of Victoria, Hong Kong Government"

Victoria government not going great at the tic and I see the Chinese are about to side fuck Hong Kong.

NSP

Anarchist
This is odd, even by AC standards. 

MBIE are the folks who pay the bills right? So it likely involves money. My wild guess is that someone has been meddling with accusations of dodgy dealings with the goal of either:

• reducing the funding available for the AC event; or
  • reducing the funding available for ETNZ.

The Europe angle doesn't really add much clarity, as the info could have come back via LR (as COR) or Emirates (yes, despite the name the sponsorship money actually comes out of Europe).

Lickindip

Anarchist
Auckland
This is odd, even by AC standards. 

MBIE are the folks who pay the bills right? So it likely involves money. My wild guess is that someone has been meddling with accusations of dodgy dealings with the goal of either:

• reducing the funding available for the AC event; or
  • reducing the funding available for ETNZ.

The Europe angle doesn't really add much clarity, as the info could have come back via LR (as COR) or Emirates (yes, despite the name the sponsorship money actually comes out of Europe).
or someone is leaking info about the state of ACE organisation, any studies done on the cost benefits of the current viability of the event (pre/post covid)

WakaNZ

Auckland
thetruth said:
Anyone know Calder or Mayo? Sad to see HK getting fucked. Lots of drama to come out of there.......
Yes, Met them last year for something non-related, also no reply just yet.

From teams to superyacht crews, they were off the charts busy before COVID, I would tread carefully to assume a non-reply means anything else other than your email is at the bottom of a deep folder.  If they are clean, this would not be helping the event so best to hold judgement. 

Indio

Super Anarchist
Auckland
.... If they are clean, this would not be helping the event so best to hold judgement. 
I was surprised to hear Dalts say that the "informants" lawyered up pretty promptly when confronted, something which a "high-profile" contractor would be very savvy about. The motives for the allegations may well be that the contractor has not been allowed to do as they please - they couldn't go to ETNZ hierachy, so they tried to leverage their government contacts to go behind ETNZ's back directly to MBIE. This feels like some corporate greedy power grab for more say in ACE Ltd which has backfired.

Good job Dalts!!

hoom

Super Anarchist
Orkland
I withhold judgement until further info is available.

If its those guys it seems hard to believe they'd be willingly providing false/secret info given the obvious severe consequences to their business if proven.

A loose lipped but not malicious individual or someone who legit feels they're whistle-blowing logically seems more likely.

On the other hand I will be happy to see them go down the gurgler if its proven.

phill_nz

Super Anarchist
internet atm
some of their client list from https://www.mayoandcalder.com/about-us

Our partnersHips

Tourism New Zealand
Pernod Ricard
DHL
Coca Cola Amatil
AON
Mighty River Power
Mainfreight
NZME
Fairfax
Heineken
Feenix
Willis Insurance
Volvo Group
Volvo Cars
Hyundai
Audi
Vocus
Ministry of Business and Economic Innovation
Hong Kong Sailing Federation
Long Burroughs
Minter Ellison Watts
Auckland Tourism Events and Economic Development
Auckland Council
Turners and Growers
Jucy Rentals
Contact Energy
Banklink
Puma
Samsung
Sport NZ
Emirates Team New Zealand
Minter Ellison Watts New Zealand
Volvo Ocean Race
TVNZ
Sky Sports
Peroni
Hong Kong Government
Heineken
Adidas
Nike
China Southern Airlines
Panasonic
Government of Victoria
Treasury Wine Estates
2XU
Asics
Air New Zealand
Hamilton Council
Villa Maria
Waipa District Council
Douglas Pharmaceuticals
Athletics New Zealand
Port Taranaki
Balance nutrition
Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron
Cookson Boats
Southern Spas
Doyle Sails
DriPhone
Vodafone
DB Breweries
Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club
Vinda

even just the ones from the yachting world would be a hefty base to lose

there are as well many who support etnz .. and even more who would not want to be seen as anti etnz