Emirates Team New Zealand.

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
This whole thing is getting more comical by the day! So ETNZ/ ACE owed money to these contractors, but then got scammed and transferred the money to a fraudulent Hungarian Bank account. The contractors then, after not receiving their money decided to try and defame Dalton and ETNZ by leakING sensitive financial And structural information to Europe? Which then got sent straight back to Dalton Who then fired them? Seems like these guys are very amateur whistleblowers. They couldn’t read the situation and instead of gaining leverage, they just got fired. They sure as hell aren’t getting their jobs back, as they’ve leaked confidential sensitive financial information. Why didn’t they leak it to the the National Party? This would’ve been front page headlines! National would’ve had a field day after the border debacle! Amateurs smh

Last edited by a moderator:

KiwiJoker

Super Anarchist
Auckland, NZ
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/sport/2020/07/america-s-cup-2021-team-new-zealand-investigated-over-public-money-in-hungarian-bank-account-report.html

Serious allegations of fraud at Team New Zealand have emerged, with claims public money was mishandled.

Auckland Council and the Ministry of Business, Innovation, and Employment (MBIE) are alleging a $3 million loan given to Team New Zealand has been reclassified and linked to a Hungarian bank account, according to a letter seen by NZME.
Lewis and McCrae, the two newshounds at Newshub responsible for this bullshit, should turn in their press cards and look for other work. We're told therer are 1,000 jobs gong begging right now on Kiwi dairy farms. Hey, these no-nothings are good at shovelling shit and they could benefit from some fresh country air.

And you should lay off the late night turps and try and follow the story instead of favoring us with your highly speculative flights of fancy.

The $3 million was a progress payment to an international TV company contracted to the Cup. A scammer intercepted email communications and then fudged an invoice with incorrect account numbers. Some of the cash has been retrieved. The individual who drafted the wire transfer and gave it to Dalton is now looking for another job.

At least that's what I get out of the flood of fact and fancy here.  At least you're not alone in jumping to unrealistic conclusions.

KiwiJoker

Super Anarchist
Auckland, NZ
We don't know much about this story but it smells like a star designer or sailor asked to be paid in a fiscal paradise through Hungrary.

GD had to accept, probably a small amount of a few hundred thousands, which is nothing in any private organization but is more problematic with public money and a public thinking they are the virgin Mary. Jim Ratcliffe must be laughing his ass off.

Anyway, whatever it is, it's not the best ingredient for team spirit, mainly when we get to know the beneficiary.
T-C  - Read, and try to fucking understand.  This piece was posted three hours before your wild speculation

EMIRATES TEAM NEW ZEALAND RESPONDS TO ALLEGATIONS IN THE MBIE AND COUNCIL LETTER OF JUNE 22

You'll find it at post #3843.

Of course it was penned by Grant Dalton so you don't have to believe every word.

KiwiJoker

Super Anarchist
Auckland, NZ
I don’t want to get into a debate re NZ politics. But... let me assure you. 

covid19 is hell. We’ve been in the thick of it since March. Our situation is getting worse. 

Please, and I can’t overstate it. Enjoy being able to go out and eat in a bar or not have to worry whether this is the week your clinical provider partner is going to catch it and whether she (with asthma) can survive. 
Hey Miffy, best wishes for you and your brave partner making it through this ghastly period in world history. 

I try to stay current with global Covid news and. it is not encouraging.

I'm so grateful that I live in NZ and that I'm protected by a concerned government.

As a senior with multiple "underlying conditions" I would be setting sail for Fiddlers' Green if infected.

RobG

Super Anarchist
Any idea how to compress the video from iPhone and load here (seems max 10mb)? I cut in half but still too big.
Better to post in on YouTube (which will also compress and optimise it for various platforms) and link to it from here.

Last edited by a moderator:

barfy

Super Anarchist
Hawke said:
What situation?  The facts are that although those infected is arising the mortality rate of those infected is declining.  Yes even in the USA.
Keep your fucking diatribe regards covid in the covid forum newbie.

buckdouger

Anarchist
The team must have used all the daylight today. Shore crew packing up in the dark.

View attachment 373661

View attachment 373662
Lately I am thinking ETNZ B2 will move toward the other team's boats in the forward aerodynamics characteristics with more rounded topsides and a smaller bow overall. 

I expect the other teams will move toward the skeg or bustle, not sure which. If anything is to be gleaned from Te Kahu, maybe the skeg. 

Anyone care to guess or even better, draw a B2 concept?

JALhazmat

Super Anarchist
Southampton
@HawkeYou taken the day off from advising gov covid response to tell us all on here or are you taking a break from your pro stat job on some big race sled? Or a break from medical studies?

i mean are we all just lucky to have you here or you wake up today and felt like being a prick? 

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
T-C  - Read, and try to fucking understand.  This piece was posted three hours before your wild speculation

EMIRATES TEAM NEW ZEALAND RESPONDS TO ALLEGATIONS IN THE MBIE AND COUNCIL LETTER OF JUNE 22

You'll find it at post #3843.

Of course it was penned by Grant Dalton so you don't have to believe every word.
Seriously, do you believe this e-mail scam ? Who received the money ?

JALhazmat

Super Anarchist
Southampton
Seriously, do you believe this e-mail scam ? Who received the money ?
Well yeah, email intercept does happen, company I work with were done for 30k, it’s far more common than people realise.

of course checks and balances should be in place To counter it, especially for 3million.

is email intercept ACTUALLY what happened? Fuck knows but it is certainly possible 

Rennmaus

Super Anarchist
Aren't the 3m "loan"/"not loan" and the amount on the Hungarian account different issues?
Are they by chance both 3m?

JALhazmat

Super Anarchist
Southampton
One of the informants is now covering his arse for fucking up and now informing on the team. 

so where is the 3million in Addition to the fucked invoice?

Have a gold star

oh ok that’s fine then..

Miffy

Super Anarchist
This thread really opened my eyes re the extent of batshit crazy people can get over boats/fandom that it gets to the point where waiting for the investigation before proclaiming someone is innocent or corrupt like a real estate mongol = too much. 

skidmark

Perhaps the truth regarding Stars and Stripes has come out. Quite a lot of money has been allocated to this extra team. That was never going to make it to the start line. 
Fraud

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
If they knew that it wouldn't be a very good scam, would it, you dumb fuck.
Go and make the kiwi public believe that ....yachtidiot.

Ah, yes, and that was a loan, and nobody realized they lost $ 3 M, and it's such a good scam that they know where the money is, and they were "informant", well pehaps "spies". :lol: