Emirates Team New Zealand.

Ex-yachtie

Super Anarchist
Auckland, NZ
Regarding the outing, the indignation seems related to the poster native country,

-        dg_sailingfan has been outed several times, his first name, last name, Facebook page

-      Smackdady has been outed, presented is ID, posting in other blogs, and insulted personally

-       Stingray has been outed on his facebook page a few weeks ago

All the present outraged posters said NOTHING. I even wonder if some are not those who themselves outed.
Naming someone is one thing. Posting photos of their kids is another. 

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
Regarding the outing, the indignation seems related to the poster native country,

-        dg_sailingfan has been outed several times, his first name, last name, Facebook page

-      Smackdady has been outed, presented is ID, posting in other blogs, and insulted personally

All the present outraged posters said NOTHING. I even wonder if some are not those who themselves outed.
There's a difference. DG outed himself. He posted links to the TFE Facebook podcast on here, where he quotes his own comments, and then explains them. 

He also outed himself by posting links to his own AC34 YT videos here, where his YT profile clearly shows his name. Infact there was an entire thread he created entirely dedicated to DG's AC34 videos where he boasted that his own AC34 videos were better than the "heavily edited versions" the Americas Cup YT channel released.

He also posts links from Richard Gladwells Sail World NZ page where there is a comments section at the bottom where he posts comments contradicting what Gladwell says, and then quotes the same comments from that page on here. The guy outs himself!

Same with Stingray, in the same FB link DG posts of TFE's podcasts, the name Stingray appears from Top to Bottom. Hell, even Ehman quotes Stingrays comments in his podcasts, as well as his opinions. So DG outed Stingray, and so did Ehman.

I have repeatedly said, I don't give a crap about what people say or call me on here, it really doesn't bother me. I can take insults or whatever on here, after all, we're all anonymous on here, thats why its called Anarchy. And if you want to out yourself, fine, thats your business, but there is no reason, or need to go and post someones personal details, and those of their children on an internet forum without their consent. Most things are okay on here, but that is NOT okay.

I don't care if you agree with me or not, but resorting to "outing people" because you're desperate to humiliate them personally because you disagree with them is a whole different situation.

Its real simple...keep it anonymous.

Back to Emirates Team New Zealand...

Last edited by a moderator:

rh3000

Super Anarchist
Auckland, New Zealand

1. Daniel Gruhn used his full name here, and he has also linked to his own public twitter account (dg_sailingfan) that also features that full name - it's worth noting that it's not even clear that 'Daniel Gruhn' is a real world name anyway, there is basically nothing on the internet beyond what is connected to here.
  2. Smackdaddy has never been outed here (to my knowledge at least) but the 'Smackdaddy' persona has a presence on other forums and in his own blog - which again he linked to and shared frequently.
  3. Can remember the post about Stingray, can't recall who wrote it. Wasn't that post removed too? Did it get reported?

I even wonder if some are not those who themselves outed.
wot?

smackdaddy

Super Anarchist
SmackDab, Middle
I saw that I was mentioned - so I'll respond...

The irony is that the one who continually says/implies actual PID about me is Mr. Clean - who claims to still have admin access here. Interesting, eh? Clew (and a couple others) also danced around the subject with mild threats a while back. But has been okay since from what I've seen. There may be other stuff about me I haven't seen. I don't know.

In any case, I won't confirm or deny the stuff Clean keeps posting - but he really should take a look in the mirror...because we all know his tagline...

What I am is anti-douchebag and anti-bullshit.
Posting PID of any kind is both. That's why people get flicked for it.

The bottom line for me is that I simply say what I think about whatever subject I'm interested in and then do the work to back it up with facts. From there I'll fight with anyone on these forums if they want and deserve a fight. But I won't go after people unprovoked, and even then I'll never get truly personal. Virtually all of us, as "personas", do this for fun after all.

Now I'll leave you Kiwis to it.

NeedAClew

Super Anarchist
USA
Clew (and a couple others) also danced around the subject with mild threats a while back.
Excuse me please show me where I ever threatened to out you? IIRC one time when I found a blog you had mentioned I did not link it out of scruples. 

That is, unless you actually ARE Russell Coutts (think I did say "RC is that you") or do work for Oracle or SGP and my sarcasm hit the mark.

But threat? Not that I recall. 

Show me.  

smackdaddy

Super Anarchist
SmackDab, Middle
Excuse me please show me where I ever threatened to out you? IIRC one time when I found a blog you had mentioned I did not link it out of scruples. 

That is, unless you actually ARE Russell Coutts (think I did say "RC is that you") or do work for Oracle or SGP and my sarcasm hit the mark.

But threat? Not that I recall. 

Show me.  
No I'm not going to bring the specifics up again publicly - for obvious reasons. Let's just say that, as I just wrote above, I took it as a "mild threat" of outing at the time. So just be careful about that stuff. That's all I'm saying, Clew. It's over - let it be.

NeedAClew

Super Anarchist
USA
No I'm not going to bring the specifics up again publicly - for obvious reasons. Let's just say that, as I just wrote above, I took it as a "mild threat" of outing at the time. So just be careful about that stuff. That's all I'm saying, Clew. It's over - let it be.
I never ever, ever threatened to out you. I have never done that to anyone. 

If I wrote something you took as a threat, what the hell was it

Rennmaus

Super Anarchist
Wow, that's really weird. It's not only misogynistic as we already know and some have experienced, but also threatening. It gets a bit creepy around here...

NeedAClew

Super Anarchist
USA
^^Show where I threatened to out you or take back your allegation. 

You publicly alleged I made a threat to out you. You know I did not. 

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Can remember the post about Stingray, can't recall who wrote it. Wasn't that post removed too? Did it get reported?
I responded to the poster who then kindly removed it and even apologized. No ‘report’ necessary, we just moved on happily.

Several readers and even posters here know me, have even including Clean also met me, all good fun. But my personal preference is to remain mostly anonymous in the ‘wider world’ and the SA policy against outing strikes me as a good one.

rh3000

Super Anarchist
Auckland, New Zealand
I responded to the poster who then kindly removed it. No ‘report’ necessary, we just moved on happily.

Several readers and even posters here know me, have even including Clean met me, all good fun. But my personal preference is to remain mostly anonymous in the ‘wider world’ and the SA policy against outing strikes me as a good one.
Fair play :)

Sailbydate

Super Anarchist
Kohimarama
Self outing now that's a novel approach.

Crikey can one team just go fucking flying please I won't moan even if it's a tow job.
Just for you, mate. ;-)

1568760153112.thumb.jpg.6f0f9e93e2260acb7124180f7d25e28a.jpg

NeedAClew

Super Anarchist
USA
I responded to the poster who then kindly removed it and even apologized. No ‘report’ necessary, we just moved on happily.

Several readers and even posters here know me, have even including Clean also met me, all good fun. But my personal preference is to remain mostly anonymous in the ‘wider world’ and the SA policy against outing strikes me as a good one.
It is an excellent policy. 

NeedAClew

Super Anarchist
USA
Anybody want to open a REAL Team New Zealand thread? With the squabbling on hiatus? I would do it but am no Kiwi..