Emirates Team New Zealand.

rh3000

Super Anarchist
Auckland, New Zealand

Image from iOS.jpg

Indio

Super Anarchist
Auckland
Worst All Black team in 10 years.  Poor selections, poor coaching, poor game strategy and on field leadership no ability to change tactics.  I said that watching the first test and everyone in the pub laughed.
I was hoping against hope that NZRugby would break the succession template and appoint Scott Robertson to coach the ABs to the next RWC. Ian Foster had the Chiefs for 8 seasons in Super Rugby, and he failed to get anywhere with them - yet the fuckwits at NZRugby at the time rescued him from his Chiefs failure by promoting him to Assistant coach of ABs.

And now this fiasco in Brisbane and against the Argies...

NZL3481

NZL3481
I was hoping against hope that NZRugby would break the succession template and appoint Scott Robertson to coach the ABs to the next RWC. Ian Foster had the Chiefs for 8 seasons in Super Rugby, and he failed to get anywhere with them - yet the fuckwits at NZRugby at the time rescued him from his Chiefs failure by promoting him to Assistant coach of ABs.

And now this fiasco in Brisbane and against the Argies...
Part of the problem is fans of the AB's have forgotten what it's like to lose. Up until a couple of weeks ago it had been a while....

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Theres going to be a mad rush ordering carbon fibre and glue from the challengers when ETNZ shows itself. All boat builders on standby......
Wishful thinking?

Truth is, this is a development race that will go for months, the Challs are well-funded and projecting it too. 

atwinda

Anarchist
Theres going to be a mad rush ordering carbon fibre and glue from the challengers when ETNZ shows itself. All boat builders on standby......
What exactly do you think they'll be able to pull off with all the carbon and glue? Look, I think the UK hull has got to be high on the list of things which should be modified, but it's simply not going to happen. Do you really think someone is going to cut off a bow or the lowest 25% of the hull? Mast shape is OD, so that's not high on the to be modified list. I'm sure they all have their sail allocation plan in place, and the vendors have the carbon and glue lined up to make those sails ... so... where is all that carbon and glue going?

atwinda

Anarchist
Because I think (as in my personal opinion and not at blanket assertation that I think everyone else should agree with or be wrong and then argue about endlessly) that their design ethos is questionable. Boat one was supposed to be radical, they didn't have time, and they swung for the fences. The barge was radical, but for all the wrong reasons and came up short. When you compare the step between UK B1 and B2 vs AM B1 and B2- AM look to have stepped Iteritately and logically while UK took another swing. It would appear they focused their energy on a few edge cases with the hull, and ran as hard as they could with them. It all just feels like a mess- big swings are rarely a success, and I feel more confident in LR or AM progressive approach at this point.

Tommy22

Auckland
Because I think (as in my personal opinion and not at blanket assertation that I think everyone else should agree with or be wrong and then argue about endlessly) that their design ethos is questionable. Boat one was supposed to be radical, they didn't have time, and they swung for the fences. The barge was radical, but for all the wrong reasons and came up short. When you compare the step between UK B1 and B2 vs AM B1 and B2- AM look to have stepped Iteritately and logically while UK took another swing. It would appear they focused their energy on a few edge cases with the hull, and ran as hard as they could with them. It all just feels like a mess- big swings are rarely a success, and I feel more confident in LR or AM progressive approach at this point.
And what will you say if ETNZ puts out a boat on Thursday that looks like Ineos?