45Roller

Super Anarchist
Ireland
Throwback to these 5 losers and the trophy they lost a few months later

_20210225_200708.JPG

45Roller

Super Anarchist
Ireland
That other AC75 of theirs looks to have some pretty good VMG.

I wonder why they don't race that one in the cup instead?
I like your thinking mate, it'll be just like San Diego, everyone will think that's the race boat, then they show up with other AC72 and destroy the opposition 

TimmyHate

Auckland, NZ
Still good to go on Grinder though?
A recent cluster of COVID-19, which was found on Valentines Day, also sparked the continued ban on the use of dating apps such as Tinder, Bumble, Hinge and Grindr.

Dalts to the boys; "Sorry you'll have to raise your own sails for a bit, but win the cup and I promise you will be drowning in the genitals of your chosing

Last edited by a moderator:

LB 15

Cunt
A recent cluster of COVID-19, which was found on Valentines Day, also sparked the continued ban on the use of dating apps such as Tinder, Bumble, Hinge and Grindr.

Dalts to the boys; "Sorry you'll have to raise your own sails for a bit, but win the cup and I promise you will be drowning in the genitals of your chosing
Dalts to the boys on the 15th March; Look on the bright side lads, you are the first Kiwis to have ever been fucked by some red hot Italians 7 days in a row.

Mozzy Sails

Super Anarchist
United Kingdom
I've had a week off videos, but I thought this video from Vittorio d'Albertas is worth a watch as a balance to the video I put out about the mast foot on ETNZ. 

Myself and Rob actually debated back and forth about the issues the Italian raise. How valuable is the sail area in the 'trench'? The ETNZ chaps were running tell tales on those pods just after the launch, so it's surely been an area of validation for the team themselves. 

My initial thought was aligned with the Italians, in that the windward pod would create a bit of an obstacle for the air arriving to the sail, and that the tunnel may create a 'choke point' which the air spills out of. 

Rob on the other hand was more convinced. He feels the pods are far enough aft they the wind isn't really going over them. And that the leeward pod may help keep flow attached around the leeward side.

Hard to know for sure... I guess answering these questions is why we have boat races! 

jaysper

Super Anarchist
Wellington
8 minutes ago, Mozzy Sails said:

I've had a week off videos, but I thought this video from Vittorio d'Albertas is worth a watch as a balance to the video I put out about the mast foot on ETNZ. 

Myself and Rob actually debated back and forth about the issues the Italian raise. How valuable is the sail area in the 'trench'? The ETNZ chaps were running tell tales on those pods just after the launch, so it's surely been an area of validation for the team themselves. 

My initial thought was aligned with the Italians, in that the windward pod would create a bit of an obstacle for the air arriving to the sail, and that the tunnel may create a 'choke point' which the air spills out of. 

Rob on the other hand was more convinced. He feels the pods are far enough aft they the wind isn't really going over them. And that the leeward pod may help keep flow attached around the leeward side.

Hard to know for sure... I guess answering these questions is why we have boat races! 

It helps that the apparent wind 8s well forward I guess.

1 hour ago, Mozzy Sails said:

This seems like it would be a pretty easy thing to model.  Tnz wouldn't have committed to that hull and deck shape unless they were sure there was a benefit.

AKL wino

Auckland
“Dalton, the toughest of all the hard men in international yachting, deserves to be the hero who brought the Cup home in 2017, retained it in 2021, worked with the Government and RNZYS to keep Team New Zealand together, found new sponsors to replace Emirates, passed the whole structure to the next generation of Kiwi sailors, and celebrated with all of us when Te Rehutai 2 successfully defends the Cup in Auckland in 2023.”

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/matthew-hooton-americas-cup-why-team-nz-does-not-hold-all-cards-over-2023-location/6T36JPNCNVP4FJZPENYZSN3KWE/?fbclid=IwAR3awTtzOQBu9BMWFRS_QJ6uyNoV_rmBItN_L_h0wYNltl5dbu083RTo92k

paywalled!
Firefox with Bypass Paywalls extension. Done.