Emirates Team New Zealand.

rh3000

Super Anarchist
Auckland, New Zealand
Never quite got what turned Granny Herald so visceral towards TNZ for this regatta.
Just desperate attempt to have an 'exclusive' 'spectacle' for the attention to be monetised... often it needs to be manufactured... 

Being pariahs as a consequence just helps them conflate their drivel with journalism

Last edited by a moderator:

Priscilla

Super Anarchist
Falling circulation must have something to do with it.
Crikey maybe their Aussie paymasters are labouring under the misconception that the Handbags are a local campaign cock a hoop with the prospect of JS only needing to helm with one wheel for certain victory.

The Advocate

Super Anarchist
The whole media in NZ seems left wing based now. Ten years ago it seemed more even. I don’t think our media lie, but there’s always a left wing slant on things. The Herald was once a great paper,  now I just ignore it completely.
This phenomenon is not unique to NZ. With a changing demographic and younger people views being so different, it’s coming completely clear that the views I hold are becoming a minority.
It not just the younger people, but I hear you. There are a lot of young people that are very similar to us, and a lot of older people on their bandwagon just to be seen as progressive. It is that they are so vocal makes them seem so many.

The Advocate

Super Anarchist
I heard a while ago from the spokesperson of a highly-placed individual that this is factually "alternative facts".

However, I understand that neither have a job now, so....  :huh:
Yep. Then they is "their truths" "their lived experience" and so on.

In my day we just went "bullshit" but now that makes you some kind of right wing bigot.

Nutta

Super Anarchist
Auckland, NZ
So, risking being on topic in this thread, has ETNZ measured in for the Cup match, and what do we know for sure? Anything different or surprising?

uflux

Super Anarchist
 Biased information. From communists. In "Te Reo".
Heaven forbid we have to hear an official language of New Zealand....

DF11AB99-6737-4CEF-80C9-56FA17225F5F.jpeg

barfy

Super Anarchist
Yep. Then they is "their truths" "their lived experience" and so on.

In my day we just went "bullshit" but now that makes you some kind of right wing bigot.
Ah, the cry of the Murdoch boyz, no opinion, no research, just listen to the plethora of highly opinionated opinion anchors who can't even be held accountable for their talk as everyone should know they talk Shit. 

Seems highly coincidental that any where Murdoch peddles his wares there is a 30% populace...just like you.

barfy

Super Anarchist
Oh, @southseasbill, I see I hit a nerve!!! You're not a Murdoch boyz are you? Got the wee leech in your rear (ear) like a Star Trek episode? Oh, is it spinning in there bumping up against the bits that it hasn't devoured? 

Oh my

Nutta

Super Anarchist
Auckland, NZ
Heaven forbid we have to hear an official language of New Zealand....

View attachment 432197
Then make Red Radio broadcast 100% Maori language. Have the courage of their convictions! I wonder what the listenership would drop to, and why?

Or do a Maori version on one frequency, and simulcast English on another. Let the consumer decide on which they listen to, publish figures, and justify airtime based on those?

Will never happen, for obvious reasons.

The Advocate

Super Anarchist
Ah, the cry of the Murdoch boyz, no opinion, no research, just listen to the plethora of highly opinionated opinion anchors who can't even be held accountable for their talk as everyone should know they talk Shit. 

Seems highly coincidental that any where Murdoch peddles his wares there is a 30% populace...just like you.
I can't stand Murdoch or his influence, but keep peddling your bullshit.

Nutta

Super Anarchist
Auckland, NZ
Or we can fucking deal with a few words/phrases.

'Oh noes I'm afraid and angry about a bit of multiculturalism!' How terrible :rolleyes:
Or we could pick a language and use it?

Would anyone listen to a 100% Maori broadcast station, and could it stack up commercially?

MaxHugen

Super Anarchist

"You Literally Can't Believe The Facts Tucker Carlson Tells You. So Say Fox's Lawyers"

Now comes the claim that you can't expect to literally believe the words that come out of Carlson's mouth. And that assertion is not coming from Carlson's critics. It's being made by a federal judge in the Southern District of New York and by Fox News's own lawyers in defending Carlson against accusations of slander. It worked, by the way.

Just read U.S. District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil's opinion, leaning heavily on the arguments of Fox's lawyers: The "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' "

She wrote: "Fox persuasively argues, that given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statement he makes."
https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917747123/you-literally-cant-believe-the-facts-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye

This represents the source of "facts" that ~46% of US voters relied on.   Scary!  :ph34r:

hoom

Super Anarchist
Orkland
Or we could pick a language and use it?

Would anyone listen to a 100% Maori broadcast station, and could it stack up commercially?
What, like these? http://www.irirangi.net/listen-online.aspx

Harden the fuck up you fucking miserable cunt of a racist crybaby.

You go run away now and try to convince everyone in the world to use English, the rest of us will cope with there being a tiny amount of maori language in our life.