Emirates Team New Zealand.

strider470

Super Anarchist
Would I prefer the match to be held under level 1? YES. Do we see LR push back when the match was postponed like they did when the final was to be postponed? NO. Did we see one post, one comment from Luna Rossa regarding sticking to rules and having the match go ahead on March 6th? NO. 

LR shot themselves in the foot. Thats the reality of it. You can go ahead thinking sunshine and rainbows if you like, that's your choice. But I'm calling Bullshit as I am entitled to do also. LR burned their bridges with every team this cycle.
Let me check the bullshitometer...

bullshit.jpg

I'm sorry, try again.

jaysper

Super Anarchist
Wellington
Agreed, 20 years of commitment are not discarded lightly. 

I would not be surprised if the differences are ironed out, and in the event of ETNZ maintaining the Cup, LR returns as Cor.
I doubt it.

GD doesn't strike me as the sort of person who mends fences.

He presumably feels slighted in some way and has a legendary ability to hold a grudge. Its his biggest failing IMO.

mauriciogfj

Brazil
I doubt it.

GD doesn't strike me as the sort of person who mends fences.

He presumably feels slighted in some way and has a legendary ability to hold a grudge. Its his biggest failing IMO.
May be. But the recent declared bullshit intentions of Ineos about "leveling the playing field" does not help to endear them in Grant' eyes. Or does it?

So, the wind is looking better for Wednesday. NW and around 15 knots at race time.

This thing is finally getting serious. All of the efforts what with the dissection, the video, the sneeky pictures and the rhetoric from all of you here has been entertaining but, now it's up to the men and women of these teams to see who actually has the minerals, skills and gear to pull this thing off.

May the very best team win.

And after. We start all over again.

Paddywackery

Super Anarchist
Ireland
So, the wind is looking better for Wednesday. NW and around 15 knots at race time.

This thing is finally getting serious. All of the efforts what with the dissection, the video, the sneeky pictures and the rhetoric from all of you here has been entertaining but, now it's up to the men and women of these teams to see who actually has the minerals, skills and gear to pull this thing off.

May the very best team win.

And after. We start all over again.
Back from your sabbatical Salty .... you missed all the fun when we were locked out of SA. Good to hear the wind sounds promising for the racing. It’s been a while. 

Indio

Super Anarchist
Auckland
No, it was a bigger displacement mono. I would need to dig deep in my archives to come up with a rendering, so maybe someone (Stingray?) is faster.
From memory, Ernie already had the specs for a 90-footer all laid out if their puppet YC had not got sprung by NYSC over "having" :D

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
Would I prefer the match to be held under level 1? YES. Do we see LR push back when the match was postponed like they did when the final was to be postponed? NO. Did we see one post, one comment from Luna Rossa regarding sticking to rules and having the match go ahead on March 6th? NO. 

LR shot themselves in the foot. Thats the reality of it. You can go ahead thinking sunshine and rainbows if you like, that's your choice. But I'm calling Bullshit as I am entitled to do also. LR burned their bridges with every team this cycle.
In hindsight, LR were right to argue that racing should resume. The NOR specified a set of predetermined dates and the Prada Cup needed to be decided one way or the other so that we can commence the AC before the time limit for the AC expires (currently 21 March and no later than March 31 unless a new protocol is agreed to). They were faster on the water. They won.  The debate on scheduling was a distraction.

Now they get the ass whupped in the AC.

Not every team, because AM also thought the racing should be completed in time.

Latest posts