Emirates Team New Zealand.

Jandals

Ottawa
He took a team that was, to be generous, on life support.

Blake left the team on life support.
Correction. RC and BB ripped the team apart with their over inflated egos. Blake offered to resign early in the defence preparations. It's unfathomable how you've turned this into a "I hate GD smear campaign". 

jaysper

Super Anarchist
Wellington
Correction. RC and BB ripped the team apart with their over inflated egos. Blake offered to resign early in the defence preparations. It's unfathomable how you've turned this into a "I hate GD smear campaign". 
LOL! Wanna borrow some....Xanax was it?

Never said you hated him sparky, simply stated that your comment was manifestly unfair and that comment seemed to get a few likes so I am guessing I am not alone in my opinion.

Jandals

Ottawa
LOL! Wanna borrow some....Xanax was it?

Never said you hated him sparky, simply stated that your comment was manifestly unfair and that comment seemed to get a few likes so I am guessing I am not alone in my opinion.
Sparky? Jesus, and I need a lesson in writing? But OMG! You got some likes! 

Again, what has GD that puts him in the same ballpark as SPB? 

And again, just so you don't doze off, I rate GD extremely highly. Just not in the same league as SPB. 

winchfodder

Super Anarchist
Carolina, USA
I am having even more trouble with my history lessons tonight. The AC is too much.

Wasn't there some double dealing with Sir Peter and his sidekick Sefton trying to lever out a pension from TNZ leaving it a hollow shell that somehow made RC, BB and the coke gang to head off to Switzerland in revolt?

GD saved the day!

This is doing my head in. Please can we go racing as soon as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jandals

Ottawa
I am having even more trouble with my history lessons tonight. The AC is too much.

Wasn't there some double dealing with Sir Peter and his sidekick Sefton trying to lever out a pension from TNZ that somehow made RC, BB and the coke gang to head off to Switzerland in revolt?
Total rubbish. TMZ was formed as a trust and the trustees needed to be payed back. RC and BB wanted to take over the leadership of TNZ without incurring the burden of debt SPB clearly stipulated needed to be payed off going forward. 

Let's also not forget, without SPB bankrolling the entry fee from his own personal account, TNZ would not exist. 

nroose

Super Anarchist
Berkeley
Sparky? Jesus, and I need a lesson in writing? But OMG! You got some likes! 

Again, what has GD that puts him in the same ballpark as SPB? 

And again, just so you don't doze off, I rate GD extremely highly. Just not in the same league as SPB. 
Seems like Jaysper has about 7 likes per 100 posts. You are on track for about 70 likes per 100 posts...

Sailbydate

Super Anarchist
Kohimarama
Yeah it Bruce Farr and the twinned keeled skiff. 
NZL20. The Little Red Sled. She's for sale, minus hardware and 2/3rds said keel. Always thought she had a very sweet looking hull form.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/boats-marine/yachts/keeler/listing/2998900871?bof=o4ZMsEFA

nzl20-onlift-auckland2003-cupinfo-1.jpg

Sailbydate

Super Anarchist
Kohimarama
Sad to see a boat, especially with history, in severe disrepair.

Always been a bit of a fan of Bruce Farr's designs.
They were the bee's knees in their day.

Bruce and Sir Peter sadly fell out, but the new design collaboration was the start of a winning formula for TNZ. So...

Ex-yachtie

Super Anarchist
Auckland, NZ

Latest posts