Emirates Team New Zealand.

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
Apparently, this is impossible with the current AC75.  Each foil and arms weighs like 3,000 lbs.  If humans had to move them real time it would take forever to lift them.  You'd literally need to double the number of grinders. 
True, but that would oblige them to design boats that could race longer than 30 minutes.

Blitzkrieg9

In DoG match who decides which boat, where and when?
In a true DoG challenge, each team designs their boat to fit within the specifications laid out in the DoG.  They can (and have been) radically different from each other.  Challenger declares when (no sooner than 10 months from the delivery of the challenge).  Defender chooses where. 

jaysper

Super Anarchist
Wellington
In DoG match who decides which boat, where and when?
There is no "WHICH BOAT" beyond the DoG, which is AFAIK pretty much limited to 90 foot.

This is why Valencia saw boats with engines on board.

The WHEN is theoretically 9 months (without mutual consent) but both DoG matches have been delayed far beyond that with court cases.

WHERE is decided by the Defender as per Ernie in Valencia.

strider470

Super Anarchist
Bravi Kiwi, deserved victory. We fight at our best but it was not enough. I congratulate to all of you (except Mrs Tina Symmans of course ;) ). I hope you will continue to honor the legacy of the America's Cup and your competitors also in AC37, and I'm sure that all the rumours we heard about a DoG challenge is simply not true.
Orgoglioso di Luna Rossa. Potevamo quasi vincere anche con un pizzico in meno di velocità. Grazie ragazzi!

Groucho Marx

Anarchist
auckland, nz
Vestas, a one way track proa with very special high speed foils, is 65 knot fast, that is definitely fast - but the AC75s, which sail both port and starboard tacks and gybes, have hit what, according to gossip, mid to late 50s? Getting close, cobra?

kenergy

Super Anarchist
Vestas, a one way track proa with very special high speed foils, is 65 knot fast, that is definitely fast - but the AC75s, which sail both port and starboard tacks and gybes, have hit what, according to gossip, mid to late 50s? Getting close, cobra?
It's like a drag car vs a formula one car, drag car may be faster in a straight line, but is a one trick pony