Emirates Team New Zealand.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Great class. As the video says , it is a legend....legendary like the Flying Dutchman and the Dragon.  The class which gave us Paul Elvstrom, Ben Ainslie , Russell Coutts, Freddy Loof, John Bertrand, Valentin Mankin etc etc.......but I tend to agree with SBD, it is part of sailing history not the future.  
I love a lot of dinghies, maybe especially the Finn. But since the Olympics is basically a cash-grab, for-profit operation that cares about visual spectacle for viewership then perhaps classes like the Finn will continue just fine with events like the Gold Cup instead. We don't see F50's or AC75's in the Olympics and... I don't care :)

Last edited by a moderator:
 the Olympics is basically a cash-grab, for-profit operation that cares about visual spectacle for viewership
I think the Olympics facing an ongoing challenge to generate enough revenues to cover costs.   Obviously Tokyo 2021 is going to lose a great deal of money due to covid crippling attendance.

But also going forward, since 2016, we have seen a dramatic switch from TV viewership in some major markets like the USa towards streaming.   The olympics will have to reinvent its content distribution accordingly if they want to continue to host the same level of extravaganza as the past.   Interesting to see what happens to sailingin 2028

Last edited by a moderator:

pusslicker

Super Anarchist
Paris
20 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Didn't realize it took them so damn long. Too bad you Kiwi fucks are such a traitorous, back stabbing bunch. The kiwi civil war has taken its toll on the cup and hopefully it's over and you can go back to your underhandedness of the past.

Latest posts