Emirates Team New Zealand.

Gissie

Super Anarchist
You'll be like a jilted, Ex. Still bitching long after they've gone.
Nah,not my style. Bitching about things already decided is pointless.

They are starting to be like the ex you had a final shag with and now won't give you back your door key. Moaning how you don't love them while asking to borrow your credit card.

Time they got their shit together and pissed off.

The_Alchemist

Super Anarchist
USA
Do you really think Grant Dalton, Kevin Shoebridge, Russell Green & Co. care about if a case is been brought or not? They are all 3 confident that ETNZ/RNZYS can win otherwise they would have accepted an offer from Farmer for mediation already.
Do you seriously think they ever thought that someone would challenge their infinite wisdom?  They have said the agreements are the same they have had since they started, do you think they anticipated that they would defend the cup off shore?   They are just displaying their arrogance.

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
Do you seriously think they ever thought that someone would challenge their infinite wisdom?  They have said the agreements are the same they have had since they started, do you think they anticipated that they would defend the cup off shore?   They are just displaying their arrogance.
Who cares where its defended!? There is nothing in the DoG that says they should defend in Auckland. There is no tradition being broken in defending offshore either, so wht is the fucking issue!?

enigmatically2

Super Anarchist
Earth
Who cares where its defended!? There is nothing in the DoG that says they should defend in Auckland. There is no tradition being broken in defending offshore either, so wht is the fucking issue!?
However many times you repeat this it's still specious. After all adultery isn't against the law and there are plenty of precedents. But that doesn't make it right.

As I have said before I dont really care, I just wish they would decide on a location. But I get why some (many?) Kiwis are pissed off

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
However many times you repeat this it's still specious. After all adultery isn't against the law and there are plenty of precedents. But that doesn't make it right.

As I have said before I dont really care, I just wish they would decide on a location. But I get why some (many?) Kiwis are pissed off
What is "Right" is a matter of personal opinion. Your opinion (based on your personal feelings toward Dalton, or what ever) brings you to the conclusion that it is wrong. Daltons job as CEO of the team, and his duty to his team to ensure continuity in the future, and leaving open an opportunity for NZ to host a future event, post Covid 19, as well as past precedent, brings me to the conclusion that it is right.

Many Kiwi's are pissed off, but many of those would also be pissed off if it was hosted here too because they believe the AC is a waste of money.

Many Kiwi's aren't pissed off, and those are the educated ones who know why it must happen.

Gissie

Super Anarchist
Why not, all of the kiwi fanboys here have caved to supporting the AC going offshore.
Most of the Kiwi fanboys here have drifted away, with the few left defending the move.

I am one of the few still here and prepared to say how much I disagree with it all. The rest can't be bothered with the shit that gets thrown, it doesn't bother me.

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
@Gissie

Thank God your Opinion doesn't matter to Grant Dalton, Matteo de Nora and Kevin Shoebridge. Dalts is doing what's right for the Team BUT even more what's right for the Event. He realized that he has to show these cool Boats, the Technology behind it, etc. to a wider, broader Audience and not just to a tiny population at the arse end of the world.

Whether it should be held in the Middle East or Europe is debateable but either of these two locations would be good Time Zone Wise.

And think about it. We have THREE EUROPEAN CHALLENGERS (UK, Switzerland, Italy). AC32 in Valencia was widely recognized as one of the best if not the best Cups ever and not just the Cup Match itself. The built-up, the LVC Acts, the LVC as well. Now there is a similar built-up possible with the new AC40 Class.

With SailGP locked in for Christchurch & Auckland 2023 & 2024 my guess is that the two Preliminary Events during AC37 will be held in Europe.

Latest posts