Equal Rights

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
Equal Rights for others does not mean fewer rights for youIt's not pie.

One of our posters has this signature, and it sounds good and right and above all, American as all hell, but is it really? I think the Affirmative Action legislation and lawsuits were a clear example of admission to top tier universities was pie plain and simple. This specific issue has more or less been rendered moot by the dropping of requirements at top schools so admissions officers need not have troubled sleep any longer in switching from scholastic to holistic considerations.

But thoughts on other issues? 

El Borracho

Sam’s friend
Pacific Rim
Anyone who thinks there are equal rights in this country isn’t male and has never been through a divorce.
Huh? Privileged males simply yank on those bootstraps and create more wealth. No biggy. That’s what they do, right? Stop whining and get a second job. If necessary simply better yourself.

(Did I hit all the points?)

Ishmael

Yes, we have no bananas
Fuctifino
Huh? Privileged males simply yank on those bootstraps and create more wealth. No biggy. That’s what they do, right? Stop whining and get a second job. If necessary simply better yourself.

I think you may have missed the one on the top of his head.

Sea warrior

Super Anarchist
Chicagoish

Another example of inequality is in the area of intelligence.
For example, All the yanking on bootstraps in the world ain’t ever going to make you anything other than an idiot.

lol

El Borracho

Sam’s friend
Pacific Rim
Another example of inequality is in the area of intelligence.
For example, All the yanking on bootstraps in the world ain’t ever going to make you anything other than an idiot.
Neener neener. I’m rubber, you’re glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you! lol lol roflol 

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
I think the Affirmative Action legislation and lawsuits were a clear example of admission to top tier universities was pie plain and simple.
Why do conservatives always, always, always neglect legacy college admissions  . .   ??? 

That practice is nothing more than AA for stupid rich white kids (like Dubya). 

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
Why do conservatives always, always, always neglect legacy college admissions  . .   ??? 

"Conservatives" ... Heh

I note that you've mentioned it each and every time the subject comes up.  My guess is that private colleges feel they have the right to pick the students they want, particularly since that's where a bunch of money comes from.  

I gave you your own thread Ollie, please don't fuck this one up. 

Gouvernail

Lottsa people don’t know I’m famous
Austin Texas
3CDCE0D0-86CD-4F6C-A412-9DBA64BFAD0C.jpeg

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
ERA- started in 1972 ... not ratified yet. Equal Rights Amendment stated "equality of rights under the law shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex."

Things are better but why this wasn't ratified by 38 states immediately? 

50 years? The answer is obvious.

ETA: My real question is why doesn't the 14th A cover this?

Last edited by a moderator:

jzk

Super Anarchist

The solution is to sell those admissions at a premium.  That way, the idiot students can subsidize the smart ones.

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
"Conservatives" ... Heh

I note that you've mentioned it each and every time the subject comes up.  My guess is that private colleges feel they have the right to pick the students they want, particularly since that's where a bunch of money comes from.  

I gave you your own thread Ollie, please don't fuck this one up. 
Even "private" colleges derive a large percentage of their income from the Govt.

..... And excuse me, but who the fuck are you that you can claim to have "Gave[n]" "Ollie" his own thread?

Last edited by a moderator: