espo is a dick

Debos

Unfortunately, you are incorrect.
Espo's crew is not pouring (not poring, ass-jockey) over a blank (hence deviod of anything, butt-pirate) sheet of anything.

Before you slam, check your idiotic post.
Umm...

It is "poring" not pouring.

If you're going to be a grammar nazi, you should at least know how to spell without a spellcheck program.

pitman260

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
Mark Ploch is indeed a good sailor--he had the boat for a year--never lost a single race!--Sold it to Roy Halvorsen--now Crossbow---when Roy had his Contessa 35 'Crossbow'--we rated the same--never lost to him--EVER!!

As I said there is no one in LIS with a 36.7 that is really dialed up--we will see next season

pitman260

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
Hmmm...that's a suggestion!---Now, all I need to do is to spend 175,000 to race Mark Ploch--and then when he sells the boat.....?? where am I??--Mark is a friend --we have sailed with him and against him for years and years---when you see him ask him what he thinks of our ability---oh!!--you don't know him--sorry....

nemesis

Anarchist
This is perhaps the most amusing thread I have ever read on SA.

Rather than J29s at some dumbass regatta, I think we should have a fightothedeath cage match in Mac 24s. We can do a left and a right coast show. Before the race, you draw the name of one of the crew from a hat and the other team has to drink the dude's weight in malt liquor.

I'd pay good money on PPV to see that one. Watching good sailors dink it out in 29s is about as thrilling as watching good sailors dink it out in 105s...

pitman260

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
I still don't get why the type of boat is so important--as long as they are identical--who cares?---watching sailboat racing in general is as exciting as watching paint dry (excepting Aussie 18's or somesuch)---are you saying that J29's are less/more exciting to watch as are 36.7's or J24's or anything--please--get a life!!

OneFifty

Anarchist
Rather than J29s at some dumbass regatta, I think we should have a fightothedeath cage match in Mac 24s. We can do a left and a right coast show. Before the race, you draw the name of one of the crew from a hat and the other team has to drink the dude's weight in malt liquor.

I'd pay good money on PPV to see that one. Watching good sailors dink it out in 29s is about as thrilling as watching good sailors dink it out in 105s...
Actually, I think it resembles a bad movie about a sailing rivalry where the writer and director know nothing about how real sailors behave.

nemesis

Anarchist
Nah... It is more of a smackdown of Jboats in general... save any of them that end in a 5 or is called a J90, they are remarkably dull boats. The racing is tight and is usually fun, but watching them is worse than watching paint dry. At least you'd have the contact buzz of paint fumes to make that prospect more interesting. And yes... I have sailed JBoats... more than nearly anything else, so I do have a few cents of cred to spend here. Not much granted.

Now a Snapper/Espo showdown in Melges 32s, Mumm 30s or anything with some serious speed potential...

Also... in case anyone is really curious... both Snap and Espo would do extraorindarily well with the boats I mentioned above. It just strikes me that if we are gonna hold this world class drinking contest, we should probably bust out the good stuff. :D

Trying to lighten up this thread folks. This is just sailboat racing (aka the least popular sport in th US).

Last edited by a moderator:

pitman260

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
I guess you don't read the entire thread--the comment was why we don't race 36.7's--dumbass---pease,PLEASE identify yourself--so we can recognize the asswipe that you are

krispy kreme

Super Anarchist
I'm with Nemesis on this one. 8 pages and 40GB of disk space on a fleet of 7 x J/29's??

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Get in a friken machine and let's see if those might mouths actually translate into sailing ability.

Snapper

Super Anarchist
San Diego
For the clowns who are threatening to do things like piss in a window - grow up.
Oh...thats me!!

It was humour Snapper old mate. Admittedly an inside joke so I won't deride you for not understanding.

As far as growing up goes perhaps you should review your rantings on this thread.

If it is neccessary to launch the Sydney Boys Slap A Snapper Tour so be it. It was your derogatory attitude that made me throw a hat in the ring.
S.E.,

If you actually bothered to read this thread where I came in, you will see that it was Espo who started the derogatory trend using what we are now calling

'Espo-nics'.

As I stated earlier today, what started as a good natured challenge that went south for a bit will probably end up with everyone having a good laugh over some drinks after racing.

-Cheers,

Snap

Craic

Super Anarchist
San Diego, CA
Snap, be happy to pay my own way and pull whatever 'fucker is needed 'cept yours, I'll leave that to Solo.

Even Rip had an idea, bring it all down to Dago and we'll have it on the Jworld J80s and since the east coasters are still using poles we can have a asym series and sym series.

Jimbo2004

Anarchist
LIS, NY
clearly LIS 367 fleet is on the decline as everyone is jumping into much more superior and faster j109.  love to chat about it in greater detail but gotta run...

s.
Solo, you need to get your facts straight.

The 36.7's with new owners are beating the 109's boat for boat in some recent races.

If I spent 100K more for a 109 then a 36.7 beat me to the weather mark a few times.....

If I started with 12 109's 5 min ahead of the 36.7 class and about nine of 109's were behind the first 36.7....

The 36.7's kicked ass against the 109's in the Chicago Mac this year

On the decline hardly, two new owners on LIS this year, should have more next year.

Over 200 built in the US with over 450 worldwide.

Anyone jumping into a 109 may want to double check their parachute, and ask why they need to spend 100K extra for a boat.

Oh the interior looks like it came from Walmart.

Bob

Eventually

Super Anarchist
For the clowns who are threatening to do things like piss in a window - grow up.
Oh...thats me!!

It was humour Snapper old mate. Admittedly an inside joke so I won't deride you for not understanding.

As far as growing up goes perhaps you should review your rantings on this thread.

If it is neccessary to launch the Sydney Boys Slap A Snapper Tour so be it. It was your derogatory attitude that made me throw a hat in the ring.
S.E.,

If you actually bothered to read this thread where I came in, you will see that it was Espo who started the derogatory trend using what we are now calling

'Espo-nics'.

As I stated earlier today, what started as a good natured challenge that went south for a bit will probably end up with everyone having a good laugh over some drinks after racing.

-Cheers,

Snap
Ive read it all since its inception Snaps. Its been fun. Still going nicely.

Cheers mate.

Lets hope the laughs are over a decent beer shall we?

Snapper

Super Anarchist
San Diego
Even Rip had an idea, bring it all down to Dago and we'll have it on the Jworld J80s and since the east coasters are still using poles we can have a asym series and sym series.
Incredible. Rip having an idea that is. Actually not a bad idea though and maybe worth considering for Round 2. We have to get Round 1 out of the way first.

See you in the bar after Hot Rum 1.

-Snap

Snapper

Super Anarchist
San Diego
I insist on taking alot of credit for extending this thread.  We have  all learnedEspo-onics, and much more.  Lets do it on the water tomorrow.. BRING IT!

(in 4-8 knots TWS)
Bedpost,

You are not authorized to use the term 'Esponics' or any variant within. It has been copyrighted by my publishing firm 'Words For Turds LLC'.

-Snap

Kevlar Edge

Super Anarchist
On the road
bump. light air. 3 races. 30 degree shifts common, some persisten. hustler first to hoist sails at all times and trim upwind. espo is a dick. discuss.kevlar, i came up to the bar and did not see a dude with a stack of bills ready to buy drinks. those dark and stormies...brrr...

s.
Solo

I was there, how could you miss me I was doing body shots off of Devoceans bowgirl