ETNZ To Attempt Wind Powered Land Speed Word Record

Sidecar

…………………………
Tasmania
Looks as though the west coast of Australia is in for a drenching.
Hopefully Lake Gairdner doesn't fill up with water again!
East Coast.

3.4mm in the next week. Perhaps you mean east coast?

I read that Shitney has had its wettest year ever as of today.
Doesn’t look like rain at Lake Gairdner until Wednesday next week:

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Watching Glen steer reminds me of driving an old car where you need to keep turning the wheel 180 degrees back and forth just to keep it going straight.
Ha ha, I had a few of those older hot rods. The ride here does look pretty bumpy and yes, the wheel a little shaky.

In at least one report they say they are confident in it being safe up to as fast as 250Kph. The record is 204Kph, am convinced they will blow that record away if they get the right conditions.

But like with a 69 Fastback Stang I wouldn't dare go that fast, in that contraption!

The_Alchemist

Super Anarchist
USA
So what odds does everyone think they have of breaking the speed record this year?

give your guess: 0% (no f’ing way) up to 100% (already have engrave their name on the plaque)

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
So what odds does everyone think they have of breaking the speed record this year?

give your guess: 0% (no f’ing way) up to 100% (already have engrave their name on the plaque)
They've got a great platform so it's conditions-dependent. I give them at least 80% of doing it this season.

JALhazmat

Super Anarchist
Southampton
Based on what is it 100% superior? given that it hasn't actually done anything.

your stats would indecate that Greenbird is 100% worse than this, given it’s The record holder I suggest your stats are shite..

heavym210

Milwaukee
Looks can be deceiving, it’s a heavy beast and the salt is slick.

Time will tell. 1 in 10 chance they will get a record on their first outing.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Hard to predict the limits of adhesion with varying surface conditions. Have to wonder how much the chassis will flex under load as well.
Agreed, and they talk about tires and chassis adjustments. It's a smart-design and well-funded program, they have a great shot at it. But again - that is FAST!