Every sailboat needs a musical instrument

Kolibri

Haleiwa, HI
Here’s my emerald X7 carbon guitar. I’ve had this 10+ years now and the beautiful thing is it is completely stable no matter how wet/dry or hot/cold it is.
That is one fine looking guitar! I thought about buying a carbon guitar, but I couldn't find any in the small, locally owned shops that I like to buy from in Hawaii, Colorado, or the SF Bay Area. Where can I check one of those out in person?

Hemp Bike

My sousaphone won't fit thru the companionway -- help!
My tuba neither. But for me it's all about the bass so:

BabyBassRig.jpg

Cruisin Loser

Super Anarchist
Used to be a guy on here with a cello...and something about pad thai shrimp...I'll see myself out.:cool:
Prawns, dammit. Prawns, not shrimp.

Has anyone else ever noticed that most of the really good players have the sort of clever fingers that are usually found around the throats of small, furry animals, or in other people's pockets? :cool:

I have a Blackbird Lucky 13 lefty carbon for the boat. It's OK, but at home when I want to play acoustic I reach for my Collings C10 every time, so in honor of my latest lap of the sun I ordered a small Collings, an 01 sunburst. There's a guy who sails with me a lot, I met him here but he rarely posts anymore, who is also a left-handed guitarist, he's a fine player. Maybe now I can sneak both guitars aboard.

1665499713430.png

rattus32

Anarchist
Vail, CO
My sousaphone won't fit thru the companionway -- help!
Don't the fiberglass ones have a detachable bell?

I'll applaud anyone that drowns/farts out the damned bagpipers at sunset. Bring on the whole mariachi band! ;-)

I have an accordion if needed. No mad banjo skillz, sadly.

Al Paca

Super Anarchist
El Lay
I agree with the thread title. However, I play the drums. So the question for me is: how big of a sailboat do I need to be able to set up a drum kit in the main salon?

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
I agree with the thread title. However, I play the drums. So the question for me is: how big of a sailboat do I need to be able to set up a drum kit in the main salon?

A boat hull, and the spars, are a marvelous percussion instrument all in themselves. In college I sailed with guy who could do inspiring reggae on a 420

Alan H

Super Anarchist
SF Bay Area
Used to be a guy on here with a cello...and something about pad thai shrimp...I'll see myself out.:cool:
Still IS a guy around here with a cello....LOL (not me)
My other boat instruments are pennywhistles. They're impervious to everything but massive impact. A nice, low D Irish whistle is a gorgeous sound.

Latest posts